Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Sub/Amp Installation in a Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 03:41 PM
hjobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub/Amp Installation in a Roadster

Ok, I have spent countless hours looking over the numorous posts on this subject, but I have a few remaining questions that I would really appreciate some help with. I am used to installing amps/subs in trucks and SUVs, and the cramped space of the roadster is driving me nuts in my installation efforts.

At the current time, all I have done is install a ton of Dynamat Extreme and Dynaliner in the stock sub area compartment. I am now trying to figure out a way to mount the amp in the glove box, run the wires for the amp, mount the sub to the stock bracket, and then somehow snake the speaker wire from the amp to the sub.

(1) Has anyone installed the Pioneer 254f Free air sub? If so, how does it sound, and do you have any recommendations on how to mount the sub to the stock sub bracket? Problems that I see are that the hole is too big and some sort of seal needs to be installed to fill the gap. Also, the sub does not see to lie on the bracket completely flush.

(2) Given the fact that the plastic housing around the roll bars is so delicate and may require breaking to disassemble the rear plastic panels behind the drivers seat, I am not willing to take the chance of screwing up the roll bar plastic. Given that, can I remove the lower plastic panels behind the drivers seat, or is removing the subwoofer panel my only option for access for installation of the sub and amp? My problem is that I have no idea how/where to run the power wire from the glove box to the battery or how to run the speaker wires from the glove box area to the subwoofer without disassembling the rear plastic panels.

(3) For those of you that have installed amps in the glove-box area and installed an amp in the stock sub location, how did you run the speaker wire from the glove box to the subwoofer. Remember, I dont think that I can remove any of the plastic panels. Is there a way to snake the speaker wire from the sub compartment to the glove box area?

(4) Any other helpful tips would be appreciated. I know, I know, a Basslink or enclosure would have sounded better. I just do not want to screw up the roll bar housing or seal off that whole compartment with fiberglass, so I really consider this my only option. Besides, I have bought all the crap already, so there is no turning back.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:22 AM
hjobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Help?

Not everyone all at once now?