Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

factory sub bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 09:45 AM
03_Track_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory sub bracket

Here's my plan, I bought 2 10" woofers and I want to put one behind each seat. I have the non-bose stock system right now, so I will go and buy TWO factory sub brackets and put one in the factory sub spot and I beleive the other one will fit in the glove box without modification. I will dynomat and seal the enclosure and mount the subs in there. Is this possible? Is anyone POSITIVE and is there any picture proof that the factory bracket will fit behind both the driver and passenger seats? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:36 AM
mlg9770
Sponsor
ZEnclosures

I've always heard the bracket will fit on the passenger side. I dont know about the bose cover though. I was looking at the glove box area and I did'nt see any of the holes for the clips that are on the cover to hold it on. You may have to do some modding.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:39 AM
hjobe

I agree. I dont see how the Bose plastic cover fits where the factory glove box cover sits. Any pictures/instructions would be greatly appreciated.

As to installing 2 subs - I installed one in the factory location and the rest of the system is factory Non-Bose. The system as a whole sounds great and I think that an additional sub would drown out the factory front speakers.

If you are doing 2 subs, I would replace the factory fronts with some efficient components and run them off their own sub.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:12 AM
CopperZ

Originally Posted by 03_Track_Z
Here's my plan, I bought 2 10" woofers and I want to put one behind each seat. I have the non-bose stock system right now, so I will go and buy TWO factory sub brackets and put one in the factory sub spot and I beleive the other one will fit in the glove box without modification. I will dynomat and seal the enclosure and mount the subs in there. Is this possible? Is anyone POSITIVE and is there any picture proof that the factory bracket will fit behind both the driver and passenger seats? Thanks.

the 10" sub WILL NOT fit the metal bose sub bracket, you will need to work on it. if your just going to dynomate the space in there with no box... good luck.... and yes the bose sub cover will fit over the glove box. But it might not fit if you put the sub in that metal braket and try to stick the plastic cover over it if the sub, but that depends on the sub.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:26 PM
hjobe

A DIY guide on installing a Bose cover over the glove box would sure be nice because I cant figure it out to save my life.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:54 PM
JimRHIT

there is a write up on in the how-to's
Old 04-07-2005, 01:50 PM
03_Track_Z

why wont an aftermarket 10 hook up to the factory bracket?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:36 PM
dannichols

I've had all of the panels off back there. Both sides look exactly the same. The glove box hinged door will need to be taken off (easier said) but IMO you could put two glove boxes in or two sub covers, one on each side if you had the parts. The problem with using the bracket is I don't think it is standard diameter, slightly off and you would have a free-air sub unless you found a snazzy way to fiberglass or mount a box to the aft side of the bracket....
Old 04-07-2005, 02:43 PM
hjobe

Where is the How to? I cant seem to find it.

As for mounting the sub to the stock bracket. I mounted a Pioneer 254-F free air sub to the stock bracket (had to drill holes) and then used a bunch ($100+) worth of Dynamat Extreme and Extreme Dynaliner to seal off that little compartment.

An enclosure would probably hit a little lower, but this set up sounds great. TONS better than the Bose system.

Also, use a David Navone line out converter if you are using the stock head. That this is awesome.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:20 AM
traderearl

I am currently working on installing two subs behind the seats and will be taking pictures of the process. Intend to install boxes in both locations. Still working on the details
Old 04-20-2005, 07:01 AM
hjobe

Any help on swapping the glove box cover for the Bose speaker cover?
Old 05-02-2006, 04:57 AM
Cambelsoop

traderearl ne pics? have u finished this?

i was thinking about doin the same thing?

throwing 2 vmaxx cerwin vega's behind the seats and dynamating the **** out of it
Old 05-02-2006, 05:14 AM
03zsmith25

+1 on the pics i have been debating on this for a while, just dont want to go through all the trouble to throw a sub back there and it sound like garbage with just dynamat.....i think a piece of mdf board just to mount the sub on over the bracket would help a lot
Old 05-02-2006, 08:02 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03_Track_Z

In order to achieve quality sound you will need to build an enclosure for the subs. Do a search on this forum and you will find a schematic showing the dimensions you need. Purchase some MDF board and cut to size, OR you can order a fiberglass enclosure from www.wickedcas.com which is made specifically for our Z. The dynamat is an added plus if done correctly. As for the panel covers...you should order two (2) BOSE SPEAKER COVER PANELS from somewhere such as courtesynissan.com NOT the speaker brackets. The old panels should come off easliy as they are held in place by clips. A little force might be required but be careful in the removal process.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:23 AM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone needs an extra metal plate feel free to make an offer....