Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

5ch. Amp: Need Help. (Apline or Eclipse)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 11:51 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a car not a studio. The guy wants an amp and he is obviously not an audiophile. He doesnt need the most exotic equipment out there. He has stated that he has never owned a seperate amp before and wants to spend under $300. I doubt he would even hear the difference between the amps you are slamming the ones that you are suggesting. Any of those amps would be great for him.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:07 PM
isugoo

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Its a car not a studio. The guy wants an amp and he is obviously not an audiophile. He doesnt need the most exotic equipment out there. He has stated that he has never owned a seperate amp before and wants to spend under $300. I doubt he would even hear the difference between the amps you are slamming the ones that you are suggesting. Any of those amps would be great for him.
Thanks for your opinion. thats almost exactly what i want but just wnat to buy better one under that budget. not trying to spend fortune fot this.

I doubt he would even hear the difference between the amps you are slamming the ones that you are suggesting. Any of those amps would be great for him.
you hurts me. i spent enough money for home music system and I really enjoy listening it home with nice comfortable seat, not much nosie comming into windows. but I just don't need to have high end system that will mixed with my loud exhaust notes. i just want good enough system.

if i don't really hear diff. I wouldn't look for 5 ch. amp first of all.

lets keep this tread rolling and find out from more people what could be the good choice for me. (and ohter budget owners)
Old 05-11-2005, 12:43 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Originally Posted by isugoo
you hurts me. i spent enough money for home music system and I really enjoy listening it home with nice comfortable seat, not much nosie comming into windows. but I just don't need to have high end system that will mixed with my loud exhaust notes. i just want good enough system.

if i don't really hear diff. I wouldn't look for 5 ch. amp first of all.
Right! I am saying you will love the sound of the amp but you wont hear that much of a difference between the less expensive ones and the really expensive ones that some people are recommending.
In fact, our stock systems are so bad that if you buy a decent HU and any decent amp and speakers, the improvement will be so great that you will surely be happy. No need to spend a fortune. I still recommend the JL e6450 6ch amp which you can get on ebay for under $300 and I think you will be very happy with it.

unsibscribing now
Old 05-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

If you aren't planning on blasting you music a lot try without an amp first. That way you can see if you even want/need one. If you are fine with the stock sound but want to turn it just a little higher or eliminate just a small amount of distortion then just go with any old Circuit City/Bestbuy amp.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I still recommend the JL e6450 6ch amp which you can get on ebay for under $300 and I think you will be very happy with it.
Problem with that is there is no warranty.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:46 PM
isugoo

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
If you aren't planning on blasting you music a lot try without an amp first. That way you can see if you even want/need one. If you are fine with the stock sound but want to turn it just a little higher or eliminate just a small amount of distortion then just go with any old Circuit City/Bestbuy amp.
(I listen louder than regular but not much. I want to kill some fuzzy sounds comming from bose.)

so.. i can't put that amp in the compartment behind the seat??
i still want to see your amp pic.
and what i ideally want to do is..

my headunit (avn5435) + eclipse 5ch. amp + infinity kappa components Front + infinity reference 6.5 Rear + infinity perfect 10.1d in stock sub location without any box (but dynamat well)

according to crutchfield site, infinity perfect is only "free air sub" i can find since don't want to spend too much, that was my plan.

Quoted from Crutchfield:
Infinity Perfect 10.1d
- suitable for free-air use (handles up to 175 watts in free-air applications)
- recommended power range 75-350 watts RMS (175 watts per coil)

Free-air subwoofers:
"A free-air system consists of woofers mounted to a board attached to the rear deck or placed in the trunk against the rear seat. The trunk of the car acts as an enclosure which houses the subwoofer and isolates sound from the back of the speaker, solving the sound cancellation problem of subs without an enclosure.

Free-air systems save space and have flat frequency response. The woofer must be specifically designed for free-air use. The lack of a box makes them more convenient to install, but their power handling levels are usually much lower than their boxed counterparts."

thats all i have in my mind from my own research without experiencing any. so now its time for me to listen you guys experienced opinions.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Ok...pics

Here is what I had initially...

Later switched it up with this...vinyl is a little loose here because it hadn't fully been "broken in". I also put a nice grille over the sub since this foto.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:39 PM
isugoo

oh, you have a roadster, i didn't know till now.
man. it looks good. i thought you haave one of stealth setup.
looks good. so the amp didn't fit in the rear seat compartment??
Old 05-12-2005, 03:52 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by isugoo
oh, you have a roadster, i didn't know till now.
man. it looks good. i thought you haave one of stealth setup.
looks good. so the amp didn't fit in the rear seat compartment??
It can be stealth. I cut my trunk mat so all you see is the woofer sticking up. That way if I need to put anything back there all I do is pull out the carpet. That way I don't have to worry about scratching anything. It may fit in one of the compartments with a little bit of effort. But the plastic trim piece that goes across that area will definitly have to come off.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:33 AM
one3502nv

I have had the Kicker kx700.5 installed since day 5 in my Z, over 2.5 years ago and have had no problems and it sounds great.. 75x4 and 400/1 @ 2ohms... Should cost around $450 or so...
Old 05-16-2005, 09:20 PM
RANDY350Z

Both Apine and Eclipse amps are some of the best equipment out there. Going with a 5 ch amp will give you good sound and bass. I take it you will be installing a sub in the stock location? Anyway, if you want a louder "thump" and louder/cleaner sound, go with either two 2ch amps and a mono amp or 4ch amp and a mono amp. But you will spend about 1500 to 2000. Remember, figure out what you want to spend and achieve. I have had Alpine amps and heard Eclipse amps connected to speakers and a sub--both sound clean and clear. Best way is to go to your local shop and listen before you buy, Tweeter used to carry Eclipse but no longer. I personally like to keep a system all one brand--as long as it sounds great and doesn't break the bank!

Any Pics of the AVN5435 installed?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:58 PM
isugoo

Originally Posted by RANDY350Z
Both Apine and Eclipse amps are some of the best equipment out there. Going with a 5 ch amp will give you good sound and bass. I take it you will be installing a sub in the stock location? Anyway, if you want a louder "thump" and louder/cleaner sound, go with either two 2ch amps and a mono amp or 4ch amp and a mono amp. But you will spend about 1500 to 2000. Remember, figure out what you want to spend and achieve. I have had Alpine amps and heard Eclipse amps connected to speakers and a sub--both sound clean and clear. Best way is to go to your local shop and listen before you buy, Tweeter used to carry Eclipse but no longer. I personally like to keep a system all one brand--as long as it sounds great and doesn't break the bank!

Any Pics of the AVN5435 installed?
yeah. i like to keep all in one brand. but if i want free air sub for stock location, only way is using infinity perfect series. (then i will need all infinity speakers)
so i'm trying to keep eclipse headunit+amp and one brand for all speakers.

did you sell your jls? if you still have it, im interested now since i got a new headunit. i will be up tyson's for memorial weekend.

let me know. thanks.