Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Xact XTR7 Sirius Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 03:53 PM
kpiskin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xact XTR7 Sirius Receiver

Has anyone purchased the Xact XTR7 Sirius Receiver? If so how do you like it? I like that it is fairly small and unobtrusive. I saw a car kit in Target and it interested me. But I had one question I couldn't answer was if it ran off batteries, a cigarette lighter adapter or either. The box didn't say and the website for the product doesn't say either.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

cig lighter...pretty sure...unless you're talking about that portable thing with head phones and stuff...all the car kits come with a cig adapter.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Kaitain

They run off the cig lighter. Running off batteries is a huge selling point and currently only one Sirius radio has that option ($99 extra) and it more than triples the size of the radio. This is a shame since the clearly inferior product, XM, has a beautiful battery powered radio that is minicule. Don't know the battery life on that XM unit but calling the battery powered Sirius radio "portable" is like calling the first portable computers "lap tops." You don't need a backpack to carry it or anything but there is no way in hell you are going to fit it in your pocket. That Sirius unit with the battery is HUGE compaired to the XM unit.

Last edited by Kaitain; 06-11-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:09 AM
kpiskin

I was drawn to the XTR7 because if its size and price. I figured I could use it in both the Z and my Volvo. The batteries would be a plus if I wanted to use it at home with headphones or portable speakers. I'm sure they sell AC adapters for it. A Sirius receiver is built in to my 300M HU, and now I'm addicted to Sirius. I have friends who have XM, but after listening to it on a trip up to DC and back, I wasn't impressed with it as much as Sirius.