Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

someone help me post pics...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 08:19 PM
FstQban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone help me post pics...

Can someone explain to me what is going on...

I am trying to upload pics of my sub install into a thread. The files are being attached and sent but then the page wont switch. It says 100% done, and the stupid little AOL thing is still moving so it isnt frozen, but it wont proceed. I left it there for over an hour just to try it. I have tried this twice now and am quite frustrated.

Thanks in advancee for any help you might be able to give.

Joe.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:29 PM
alear

Thats what you get for using AOL

If you think AOL is the problem, dial with AOL and then open an internet explorer window.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:09 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Just download Netscape or Opera browser instead, and it will use your AOL connection without the flaws of the modified AOL/Explorer browser.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:15 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your problem may not actually be with your AOL connection. I was having a real problem posting pictures using the "Attach File" function, read everything I could, decreased my pictures down to well below the upload limit of 200000 bytes (usually 25000) had the company "computer guy" give it a shot, etc. but to no avail. I feel your pain and am providing my solution. It may help to print it out so that you can follow along as you do the steps.

Note: Techies and/or anyone proficient in posting pictures, you may not want to read this as it's long, ugly, cumbersome, assumes very little experience with a computer and probably has many technical flaws, but if it helps ONE person, then my job is done!

Posting a picture on My350z.com for "Dummies":

1) Upload your pictures to a host (ie keyword "myspace" on AOL gives you two (2) MBs I think). No, you can't just have the picture sitting on your desktop and try to link it there. It must be uploaded. I suppose uploading will have to be another lesson for another day.

2) Once your pictures are there and you can view them, do a right mouse click on the picture and a menu will appear.

3) Click on properties on the bottom of the menu which will bring up information on the picture.

4) Copy the entire address which should end in .jpg, .bmp, etc. (ie highlight address, right mouse click, copy)

5) Open a new thread (or post a response, like I am doing right now)

6) Click the IMG button beside the VB Code section (right above where you type "Your Reply") which will bring up a new window "enter text to be formatted" and gives you a hint that it should be a URL (ie "http://").

7) Hit delete which wipes out the "http://" helper (not really necessary, but could screw up someone so better safe than sorry).

8) Paste the address you just copied by either pushing "CTRL" and "V" keys or right click on the mouse and chose "paste". If you didn't mess up, the address of the file should be there (again the address should end with a "graphic" extension like .jpg, .bmp, etc).

Presto magico the picture shows up!

When you hit "Preview Reply" the picture should show up. If it doesn't, it ain't gonna happen. Try again. Hope that helps.

Joe, try posting your picture(s) here before creating a new thread (use this thread as a "training" place)

Last edited by Anyone2u; 12-04-2002 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:15 PM
FstQban

nope. no friggin luck. can i email them to someone maybe?
Old 12-05-2002, 02:16 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Originally posted by FstQban
nope. no friggin luck. can i email them to someone maybe?
Hmmm, no presto magico? Feel free to send them to me at Anyone2u@attbi.com and I'll put them up for you (a couple anyway). Maybe I can find the problem with them too. By the way, what system are you running and where do you have them uploaded to? If you give me the location of the host, I can just add them from there and you won't need to actually send them to me. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:21 AM
ares
Veteran

PM me if youd like and Ill host them for you. youll have to send them to me over AIM tho.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:24 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Here you go! I think the problem was that it was too HUGE. I opened your picture and all I saw was a giant subwwoofer staring at me! I downloaded a great "resizing" program (it's free!) that works really well at the following site: Irfanview. I had to shrink it twice and it would probably work for you now. If it doesn't and you have some other pictures you would like me to post just send them to me. By the way, that's a great looking install on the sub(s) and probably sounds fantastic!
Old 12-05-2002, 06:42 PM
kingkong

Nice ingenious install !!! The installers finally gave you the burned copy, huh?
Thanks for sharing picture with us. I was wondering how your space saving install came about when you first mentioned it while ago, it was hard picturing how you decribed it.
What was the volume measurements? Can you put 10w7 in that enclosure? What was the damage on the custom enclosure by the way?
One more thing Joe, where did you get that installed?
Old 12-06-2002, 09:02 AM
FstQban

let me see here...

first thanks for the help with posting the pic. Regretfully my computer is so old and slow that I dont have enough hard drive space to download one song let alone a resizing program!!! When I get pics of my head unit install I might need your help posting them as well. You da man!

KingKong: They aproximated the volume because of the shape of the enclosure. They make it a little largwet than they need then use material to fill the excess space. It is actually molded fiberglass that form fits to that corner of the car. It continues down to the absolute floor. They removed the styrofoam insert that was there and built a MDF box as the bottom half of the enclosure. Yes I suppose you could put qany JL sub there, but the enclosure would have to be bigger. I dont have the system to support a W7 so I didnt even think about it. I personally would think that one 10W6V2 would be more than enough. Everyone that hears my car cant believe it is only one 10" sub. It cost me $500 for the custom sub enclosure. A bargain when I look back at it. It took them One and a half days of straight labor to lay the fiberglass, let it set, build the box, install the sub and wiring, etc. That obviously is just for the box, not the sub or amp or cables. It was done at Sound Automotive. Hands down the best audio installer in New Jersey. If you want custom work done they are the way to go. Not the cheapest but definately the best. Any other questions feel free to ask.

p.s. Any moderator want to move this thread to the Modifications for stereo section?
Old 12-06-2002, 10:36 PM
kingkong

Thnks Joe, where are they located ? Do you have #? Do you think they still have a template so they don't have to remodel?
Thanks in advance, and whom should I refer to?
Old 12-09-2002, 06:06 PM
BFG10

Originally posted by kingkong
Thnks Joe, where are they located ? Do you have #? Do you think they still have a template so they don't have to remodel?
Thanks in advance, and whom should I refer to?
Anybody know where they are or their phone number?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:49 AM
FstQban

Sound Automotive. 609.587.5555
They are on Quakerbridge Road right around Hughes Drive. It is about 1.5 miles from Route 1.