Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Action Needed! Step Up!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 12:00 PM
N74DV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Chris S
You were not robbed... You had a chance to listen to it before you accepted delivery, and I’m sure it doesn’t deteriorate over time.
"
that argument just doesn't work. I did listen to the stereo before I took delivery... and it did sound like ****. BUT I was told by my salesman AND by Nissan North America thata fix was in the process and that I should proceed with my purchase.

The "fix" did not fix it. In fact after the amp TSB I now find that bass and treble controls do almost nothing. the sound remains very flat in tone no matter what the adjustments are set to.

there is a real problem here that needs to be addressed. For God sakes, my OEM Ford Ranger system sounds better. that's not how it's supposed to be.

so... in fact our Bose systems do deteriorate over time...

we all need to call 1.800.nissan.1 and file a complaint
Old 12-08-2002, 05:59 PM
SnoopyZ

Originally posted by Chris S
the lowest model Z has the exact same system as the flagship model (that would be the Track).
hehe... yea but it is still the same car = 350Z
Old 12-08-2002, 07:26 PM
tbob

I think that lowest model vs flagship comment was refering to a Sentra vs a 350Z!

The fact that the Sentra is available with a great sounding Fosgate system and the Z with a Bose system that sounds pathetic. Bose is capable of making a good sounding car system, I had one in an '89 Maxima SE. No, it didn't sound as good as a $3000 aftermarket system but it was far better than the standard Maxima stereo in my wifes base Maxima.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:52 AM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bose Action Needed! Step Up!

Originally posted by wwhite
3. I have never seen a "Premium" system with no mid-range adjustment. A mid-range adjustment between the bass and treble would improve the tone quality
Exactly. I had middles in my stock Celica unit. WTF with bose? Bose must bribe somebody pretty high in Nissan to squize this crap into Z as premium
Old 12-26-2002, 06:22 PM
Leon's Z

I haven't gotten my "fix" yet. One day we'll look back at this and laugh (NOT).

First I was waitin for my Z, now I'm waitin for the fix.....
Old 12-27-2002, 05:14 AM
Mikey Likes It
Charter Member #44

Originally posted by Leon's Z
I haven't gotten my "fix" yet. One day we'll look back at this and laugh (NOT).

First I was waitin for my Z, now I'm waitin for the fix.....
I'm still waiting too. I'm getting tired of waiting. Hearing this fix changes one problem out for another makes me want to wait even less...

Mike
Old 12-27-2002, 06:59 AM
mattvols

I agree with the original post 100%. I ordered my car on faith that the Bose would sound good and it sucked instead. When I called Nisssan, they told me to take the car to the dealer. I did and they said nothing is "wrong" but they can't blame me for being upset regarding the sound. I am all for a class action lawsuit or refund from Nissan because mine still sucks with no fix or offer to fix. For those who say "you had the chance to listen to it before you bought it": who really cranks up 2 PAC on a test drive? Plus, you must consider that you would be egar to take the car after waiting so long for it!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:12 AM
grogsnorf

Bose.............Nissan .........We are all aware now.........I gave up......ordered a new system.........thats about all you can do.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:43 AM
Chris S

Maybe it's not the stereo after all...have you considered trying it w/ some decent music?

Originally posted by mattvols
For those who say "you had the chance to listen to it before you bought it": who really cranks up 2 PAC on a test drive?
Old 12-27-2002, 09:14 AM
grogsnorf

I tried plenty of sound boards and DDD cds............even music I dont like..........It is more the Radio, which I refuse to turn on.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:46 PM
Zedagive

Angry

My BOSE is getting worse day by day. I cannot even stand to listen to CDs that sounded acceptable (and even good) the day the car was delivered. I have taken my car in and the "fix" is on the way, but as we all realize now, this may only be a slight improvement. If that's all it is, then we all deserve to be compenstated or a real system installed that is worthy of being called an upgrade. I'm for whatever gets this end result and a class action lawsuit is certainly within these bounds.

Let's not let this rest until we get exactly what we PAID for.

_Zedagive
Old 12-29-2002, 08:08 AM
grogsnorf

Alot of people say we are whining about this.............. I tried everything possible...........Nissan will NOT do anything.........we just have to eat this one.........
Old 12-29-2002, 02:57 PM
Leon's Z

Originally posted by grogsnorf
Alot of people say we are whining about this.............. I tried everything possible...........Nissan will NOT do anything.........we just have to eat this one.........
I don't think it's whining, I personally think that it's a matter of getting what you pay for as it is represented. It's no different than if you bought the car and the engine was faulty or defective. Because the car is so great, many tend to "over look" the stereo. I can't. I paid for a fully operating vehicle and I want what I paid for - that's all.

That's not whining, that's expecting the seller to deliver what was advertised.