Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Action Needed! Step Up!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 06:04 AM
BigZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Action Needed! Step Up!

I do agree that the "fix" is a world of difference from the original pre-replacement amp sound... but if you put this into perspective of the components in this car with a 10 inch subwoofer... the sound is completely flat! It seems they have setup the processor in the amp to de-tune or make the bass flat no matter the head unit setting. When the original amp was in this car, you could hear the potential of the system, especially with a CD. Now, you have to crank it to about 25 to get any bass response.

I'm not expecting this to sound like a $1000 aftermarket system, but this is inexcusable!

Almost any stereo in any other car will sound as good if not better than this and we paid for a "Premium" sound system. Have you read the Marketing for the Bose system in the brochure that came with the Lust, Then Love package? It's a joke!

I called Nissan North America and described the flat sound and that the autovolume adjustment still does not work correctly. When you slow the car down.. a few seconds later .. the volume actually goes up!.. not down like it should.

I don't expect this system to be boomy and real bassy (if that's a word), but it doesn't even realistically reflect the actual recording.

Please!!! Even though this seems much better than the original.. put the performance of the sound system after the amp replacement into perspective with how much we paid for this and how much we should expect!

Numbers speak volumes and my single complaint won't get anywhere. If we want justice, we all have to voice our opinions to 1-800-NISSAN1.

Thanks for your time!
Old 12-05-2002, 06:22 AM
grogsnorf

We are thinking class action at this point........take it back and rebate those tourings that are affected.
I can put up with alot of problems like driving around with a towel when it rains to wipe the water on the kick plates but I do not like being robbed.

grogs
Old 12-05-2002, 06:28 AM
BigZ

grogsnorf,

I'm for it.. however, I think we need to atleast give them one more chance to get it right.. please call 1800NISSAN1 and voice your opinion. The more common our complaints are with similar problems.. the more likely something will get fixed!
Old 12-05-2002, 07:47 AM
Chris S

Originally posted by grogsnorf
We are thinking class action at this point........take it back and rebate those tourings that are affected.
I can put up with alot of problems like driving around with a towel when it rains to wipe the water on the kick plates but I do not like being robbed.

grogs
You were not robbed...your car is an excellent value.

As I posted in your "crying for a lawsuit thread":

"Your attitude reflects what’s wrong w/ this country’s legal system. Get over it, the Bose system sucks, but there’s nothing wrong w/ it that would merit a lawsuit. You had a chance to listen to it before you accepted delivery, and I’m sure it doesn’t deteriorate over time.

All you’d be doing is driving up costs for everyone…the lawyers seem to be the big winners in these petty lawsuits.

"
Old 12-05-2002, 08:02 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the amp is faulty, and the purchase of the car over performance model was based on recieving leather/power/heated seats, and this stereo. now if the stereo does not work as intended, then what have they given you? 2000+$ for heated seats? I hope not, car is a good value, but this problem makes that package not.

as for the fix, the validity of the lawsuit would depend on how they fixed the problem. if they simply turned down the bass to keep it from acting up... well wouldnt that mean they reduced your watts of sound? Im not a stereo guru so maybe someone else can say. if so, you did not recieve the 210watt(or whatever it was) system that you paid for, making it false advertising. and the lawsuit is certainly there.

Now if the fix, did indeed, fix the system, to where it works as intended(which comments seem to not imply). then I for one will shut up, take my shitty system, and go about my life. I bought the system they sold me, end of story, I only argue if I did not recieve what they told me Id recieve.

as for buying the car after testing the radio, I think with the preorder system and no test drives, that most people did not hear the system.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:12 AM
grogsnorf

I did not get to listen to the Bose in the Z when I ordered it...........It was not out......I trusted Nissan.........and they got paid........People in this country sue Burgerking cause there son is 400Lbs and they want $$$$$$$$, parents sue hospitals because because their kid got circumsized and they want $$$$$$$.

We do have consumer rights........all I want is a sound system in my car that doesnt suck...........to listen to my live dead cds...and enjoy my car..............beacause I paid for it.....yes consumers have rights.....unless you are a commie?

Last edited by RainmanZ; 12-06-2002 at 03:26 AM.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:19 AM
grogsnorf

Thanx ares.......I agree.........i dont whine much about all the other little problems......but music in the Z???

c'mon

I will probably rip that piece of crap out and install some hairy system.......it is just bad business..........
Old 12-05-2002, 10:07 AM
Alang

In the stereo industry there is a saying "No highs, no lows, it must be Bose". I first heard this 6 years ago, and I am by no means a stereophile that is up on the latest industry dirt. Anyone that expects quality sound from a bose system NO MATTER THE PRICE is either uninformed or is fooling themselves. This is not a problem that Nissan should be held responsible for. Bose makes crappy systems, and anyone that pays the price for a Bose upgrade deserves what they get. If you really wanted the touring package, your were buying more than just the stereo. If you didn't know Bose made crappy systems, then you were an uninformed buyer and don't have a leg to stand on. If you didn't know what you were buying ahead of time why should Nissan pay the price?

Pre-order customers took a lot of things on faith, but the difference is that when some of us were dissapointed (I was hoping the track would have an upgraded suspension setup), we don't talk about suing Nissan, we realise that it is part of the risks in buying site unseen.

Be informed, be responsible for your decisions and stop whining.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:19 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please see:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=13004
Old 12-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Chris S

Originally posted by Alang
In the stereo industry there is a saying "No highs, no lows, it must be Bose". I first heard this 6 years ago, and I am by no means a stereophile that is up on the latest industry dirt. Anyone that expects quality sound from a bose system NO MATTER THE PRICE is either uninformed or is fooling themselves. ...
Be informed, be responsible for your decisions and stop whining.
Exactly! I have yet to hear a Bose system that's worth a ****. In fact, I try to avoid Bose systems b/c even if they sound better than stock, Bose's integrated approach means you usually have to rip out the entire system and start from scratch.

Besides, sound quality is subjective, and the only representation Nissan made was that it was a Bose system, not that it would sound good (for those who know anything about audio, the implication is that it would sound bad).
Old 12-05-2002, 10:42 AM
BigZ

Default Disagree to an Extent

Guys,

Like I said, I by no means expected an awesome system from Bose. This system has more potential than it does after the fix, because I heard it before. Also, I've heard the Bose system in my dad's Cadillac that blows this away.

I'm not talking about a lawsuit.. I think that's ridiculous... I'm just trying to get what I paid for and it's not what I have now.

Let's not point fingers at folks that bought the Touring model and say that we should have known better. Yes, every one of us that went thru the preorder process stuck our necks out. Most people as I did, bought the Touring model for all the bells and whistles with faith in Nissan delivering (which they did for everything else but the stereo.. but no one must have listened to the stereo at all... ). I know you say it's not Nissan's fault... ********! Nissan is responsible for testing their cars thru and thru no matter who's components are installed in their cars. It's Nissan's job to bust Bose's rear end until it's fixed or Nissan's going to find another vendor.

By the way.. rumor has it that Nissan is no longer going to offer Bose or Clarion and it will be Rockford Fosgate.. it figures they would do the right thing the second year of production.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:07 AM
chicago_z

Just my .02

I had my amp replaced last week, and spent a good amount of time in the car just listening to different CD's

Now I'm not a fan of Bose, in my home i use klipsch and sonnus faber exclusively.

I have to say, after the replacement, that I am perfectly happy with the sound in my car.

I dont have the same problems that you have mentioned about the bass being flat at any volume (that was the problem i had BEFORE replacement). Bass and treble adjustments via the 'audio' button work.

I have a sound level meter and some test discs and I will go into the car and see if I get any strange frequency response or volum problems.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:21 AM
grogsnorf

What ever you say Alang
Old 12-06-2002, 02:09 AM
SnoopyZ

Default Re: Disagree to an Extent

Originally posted by BigZ

By the way.. rumor has it that Nissan is no longer going to offer Bose or Clarion and it will be Rockford Fosgate.. it figures they would do the right thing the second year of production.
Man... instead of the lawsuit... I would like to have Nissan replace this $hit sound system with that Rockford Fosgate setup... we should all complain and try to get this seutp
Old 12-06-2002, 03:01 AM
grogsnorf

That would be great.thanx
Old 12-06-2002, 05:30 AM
Rocket2023

I will be watching this closely. I appreciate the efforts of all who, like myself, want to have a "premium" audio system in our Z's.

Now, earlier I did say I thought a law suit was a bit over the top but, if you guys can manage to set a precedent on getting the system replaced with RF or whomever else then that would be outstanding!! I would expect for that to happen Nissan would be subsidizing the cost to the dealers.

Good luck and on behalf of others..thanks for stirring the pot.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:57 AM
nizl

Originally posted by grogsnorf
What ever you say Alang
Hey grogsnorf, do you even HAVE the Bose fix yet?
Old 12-06-2002, 01:28 PM
STLZ
Banned

I had my amp replaced with the clarion amp and the bass has gone down. The highs and mids are heard a lot better. But I am satisfied with it. But I will say that the Fosgate System in the Sentra SE-R is 1000 times better sounding. My own 0.02
Old 12-06-2002, 05:06 PM
SnoopyZ

Originally posted by STLZ
I had my amp replaced with the clarion amp and the bass has gone down. The highs and mids are heard a lot better. But I am satisfied with it. But I will say that the Fosgate System in the Sentra SE-R is 1000 times better sounding. My own 0.02
That is an embarASSment on Nissan's part and for us to have such a crap "Premium" system in our 350Z's. It makes no sense... their lowest model car has a better system then their flag ship... ugh. We should AT LEAST be able to get something that sounds like the RF in the SE-R... even though for the price we paid... we should be getting something EVEN better then that... I dunno we should try to do something.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Chris S

Originally posted by SnoopyZ
.. their lowest model car has a better system then their flag ship... ugh.
the lowest model Z has the exact same system as the flagship model (that would be the Track).

Quick Reply: Bose Action Needed! Step Up!