Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Where to put an amp???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:36 PM
04_CS_Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UCLAzzz
N E ways, I have the base model so there is no grill or holes in my panel.
Should I leave the panel off to avoid over heating, kind of looks ugly?

Does anybody have pics of their amp setup behing the driver seat/stock sub compartment? I think I want to keep the amps hidden.
I've got a base model too. I just keep the amps covered, I never get to look back there anyways and I don't want people walking around the car to see the amps sitting there.

The rack isn't pretty but it works and the amps don't move at all. Pretty clean.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:23 PM
UCLAzzz

Talking

Originally Posted by 04_CS_Z33
I've got a base model too. I just keep the amps covered, I never get to look back there anyways and I don't want people walking around the car to see the amps sitting there.

The rack isn't pretty but it works and the amps don't move at all. Pretty clean.
So with it covered, you don't have any problems overheating, excellent!! Your amp rack is not fancy, but clean, I like it. Is it made out of wood? Is it easy to remove the stock sub frame from the glove box? I'm gonna have to copy your set up, thanks again for sharing, much appreciated. BTW, are you running rear speakers? Most people say it is unnecessary if you get some good 6.5 comps for the front...anybody for the rear speakers???

I called Autobacs because my right speakers (Brand freaking New focals) sound like CRAP! I spent alot of money there for half a$$ work. Very disappointing, I was going to use them to design my sub box for two 12's but after this experience, I'm not too sure. The manager seem cool about it and apolegetic, oh well, at least tomorrows a holiday...! Sorry I just had to vent and get it off my chest!
Old 07-04-2005, 12:06 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
I have mine in the spare tire well under plexi glass and if I push it really hard(I mean REALLY hard...like high volume with TONS AND TONS of bass) it can overheat and shut down. I'm replacing my amp/sub in a week or so and will be putting the subs on a custom made amp rack in the trunk...maybe something with motorization so it will look cool when the trunk is open and fit well when closed.
Hey Santacruzslick, what happened to your post rating???
Old 07-04-2005, 03:50 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
Hey Santacruzslick, what happened to your post rating???
:shrugs:
Old 07-04-2005, 04:40 PM
04_CS_Z33

Originally Posted by UCLAzzz
So with it covered, you don't have any problems overheating, excellent!! Your amp rack is not fancy, but clean, I like it. Is it made out of wood? Is it easy to remove the stock sub frame from the glove box? I'm gonna have to copy your set up, thanks again for sharing, much appreciated. BTW, are you running rear speakers? Most people say it is unnecessary if you get some good 6.5 comps for the front...anybody for the rear speakers???

I called Autobacs because my right speakers (Brand freaking New focals) sound like CRAP! I spent alot of money there for half a$$ work. Very disappointing, I was going to use them to design my sub box for two 12's but after this experience, I'm not too sure. The manager seem cool about it and apolegetic, oh well, at least tomorrows a holiday...! Sorry I just had to vent and get it off my chest!
Yea the rack is just made out of wood covered with carpet. The stock sub frame is pretty self explainatory to remove. You'll see once you take that black plastic cover off.

I'm running Infiniti 62.5i speakers in the rear. I've actually never heard a Z with really good fronts w/o rears so I wouldn't be able to tell you first hand if you should go with rears. I like how mine sound a lot.