Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Installing Kenwood ddx7015

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 07:11 PM
TampaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Kenwood ddx7015

Hey my mom has a 350z roadster and i have a coupe, she's trading her Z in for an Infiniti M35 and shes taking her car to the audio shop tomorow to get her kenwood ddx7015, kenwood music keg and kenwood navigation system taken out of her car. I'm going to buy all of this from her since she won't need it on her new car. The sound shop said they will install it all in my car for 400 dollars. I've done a good amount of car stereo installations in my previous cars but i'm not sure how easy it is to install this stuff into the Z. I love my Z and don't wanna do things to it that i'm not qualified for. So pretty much i'm just asking your input from people who have the ddx7015 and have installed it themselves. Thanks a lot guys!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:24 PM
TampaZ

Thanks a lot man i really appreciate that, the HU shouldn't be too hard, the music keg and navi like u said might be more difficult, hooking the inputs up should be fine i'm just wondering how to hook up the power from inside the compartment behind the passenger seat
Old 07-01-2005, 06:20 AM
BrickydZ

Default Keg

I would order the rear mailbox surround (nav unit surround trim), and then install the keg in there.

that way the keg is totally inside and then the DMS can be accessed.
Cost about $12.00.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails Installing Kenwood ddx7015-1308keg.jpg  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:56 PM
TampaZ

damn thats an awesome idea i've never seen that before, thanks for the suggestion man
Old 07-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Z'd Up

it is not that hard to install: you just need the metra double din kit, wiring harness for the 350Z, and make new holes in the stock mount (if I remember correctly it was about 3/8" adjustment from he stock). I hope you get the manuals.
Also think ahead. If you plan to hook up video and or another aux. input, I'd suggest at least connecting those wires and run it under the center console. That way when the time comes you don't have to go back and pull out the headunit again.
You may also want to get the Kenwood Digital Surround Sound Processor Unit so you can use the full audio features. Believe me it will make a difference. Of course, if you get that you will have to get a center channel for the 3/2 output.
Good Luck!
Old 07-04-2005, 06:50 PM
dual5

Originally Posted by Z'd Up
Also think ahead. If you plan to hook up video and or another aux. input, I'd suggest at least connecting those wires and run it under the center console. That way when the time comes you don't have to go back and pull out the headunit again.
the good thing about the kenwood is that all the aux-ins are already wired with about 3 inches of cable. You wont have to pull out the whole dash to get at them if you route them right, all you'll have to do is loosen the brain in the dash (2 screws, super easy). I just ran some RCAs today, and could see the labels and everything. if only I had routed the amp turn-on within reach!
Old 07-04-2005, 07:03 PM
zman1910

$400 is way tooo much money for that. You should pay about half of that.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:19 AM
onii

i just installed the 7015 this weekend. it was my first audio install ever...and on a Z it was actually not bad at all. then again i had someone help who knew what he was doing....but it still wasn't bad. I wouldn't pay $400 for them to install it...you're paying them to have fun. i'd save that stack and buy some hookers..and booze. or maybe save up for my nav. =]