Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Obstacle with installing navi / phone into radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 04:38 PM
farber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obstacle with installing navi / phone into radio

Hi all:

How are you? I have removed the radio in the car and am ready to hardwire my aftermarket navigation and car kit into the car stereo. I removed the connectors on the back of radio.

I was going to use pin 24, etc. to mute the stereo and such - however, the plug does not have any pins in thsi spot! The M39 plug (http://www.swooby.com/z/navpc/blose.htm) has just one blue wire into it. All the other spots do not have pins or wires out the back, and I do not know how to connect a wire to these positions!

Can I get a plug with pins inside of it?? Can I install plugs inside of this connector?? I would appreciate any guidance so much!

Thank you

Jeff
Old 07-07-2005, 05:13 PM
ZRA

Cool

Jeff,
Did you check to see if your after market components are directly compatable to your model Z? If you have doubts, it's best to get professional help. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:22 PM
farber

Yes, all is compatable when I can tap into those pins! Any ideas on how to attach contact pins inside of the connector?

Thank You
Old 07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
ZRA

Cool

I would check with Nissan to see if I could order a plug that would fit, and attach the proper wires to the right pins. Remember if in doubt, go to a professional installation outfit for help.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:55 PM
ZRA

Cool

Jeff,
You should get an adapter kit from the Co. you bought the components from, ( wiring and adapters). My son triedto install an after market radio into a Mits. Mirage and had all kinds of trouble because he didn't have the installation kit. Be careful, some cars have the computer sensor wiring going to all of the cars components. That's why I suggested you go and have it installed by PROS!! Let me know how you do.