Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

OEM Satellite Radio parts at Grubbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 03:54 PM
zpylot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Satellite Radio parts at Grubbs

Has anybody seen this before? By selecting the 'Sat Radio' tab you are taken to a screen that details satellite radio parts for Infiniti' and Nissan's. There is a 350Z selection. I've got an email into them but thought someone here might know something.
http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com/en_US/

I've got a DB 2004 350ZR Enthusiast, non-NAV, non-BLOSE.

Oh and one more question. Has anybody found out yet whether or not the 2004 350Z's and ZR's have been pre-wired for satellite?

Thanks
Old 01-08-2004, 07:45 PM
mgk65

Great price on XM Commander. That's where I'm going to get it...

thanks!

I don't know about the pre-wiring. Call Grubbs.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:57 PM
nissan350zfan

Originally Posted by zpylot
Has anybody seen this before? By selecting the 'Sat Radio' tab you are taken to a screen that details satellite radio parts for Infiniti' and Nissan's. There is a 350Z selection. I've got an email into them but thought someone here might know something.
http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com/en_US/

I've got a DB 2004 350ZR Enthusiast, non-NAV, non-BLOSE.

Oh and one more question. Has anybody found out yet whether or not the 2004 350Z's and ZR's have been pre-wired for satellite?

Thanks
I purchased my OEM Sirius Receiver from Grubbs and they were great to deal with. I am located in Canada and the 350's sold up here do not have the prewire installed, so I purchased one with the receiver from Grubbs.

My understanding from reading Nissan literature and the comments on this site are that the prewire is installed in all US coupe models but perhaps not in the Roadsters. Grubbs has install instructions on their web site that should show the location of the prewire harness plug at the rear of the vehicle, assuming it is installed. Even if you have the prewire, you will still need the jumper extension cable that will connect the prewire to the receiver that will sit on the back wall of the hatch area.

Do a seach on "SAT" or "Satellite" in the Roadster forum for more info on this install, including antenna location on the Roadster.
Cheers
Old 07-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nissan350zfan
I purchased my OEM Sirius Receiver from Grubbs and they were great to deal with. I am located in Canada and the 350's sold up here do not have the prewire installed, so I purchased one with the receiver from Grubbs.

My understanding from reading Nissan literature and the comments on this site are that the prewire is installed in all US coupe models but perhaps not in the Roadsters. Grubbs has install instructions on their web site that should show the location of the prewire harness plug at the rear of the vehicle, assuming it is installed. Even if you have the prewire, you will still need the jumper extension cable that will connect the prewire to the receiver that will sit on the back wall of the hatch area.

Do a seach on "SAT" or "Satellite" in the Roadster forum for more info on this install, including antenna location on the Roadster.
Cheers
My 35th Anniversary has all the options but Navigation and I did run across a spare electrical connector near the antenna and amplifier while installing the sound proofing in my trunk area.