Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose owners file your complaint here

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 08:44 AM
Smyrna350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 350 "expert" called me back yesterday. He wasn't an expert and only took my complaint (again) and said he would contact the tech section. He's also the the guy that said I was the first one to call the problem in. His name was Dave. He did give me a reference number...
Old 12-24-2002, 02:22 AM
ppw350Z

i contacted nissan a week ago and i recieved a call 5 days laters and a letter as well. i'm going to see the dealer tommorrow they gave me a case number. i will let you know what happens with the stereo. also, if anyone who has recieved a letter did it say on yours that nissan is going to send you some promotional items for your inconvenience. if so, what did they send you???
Old 12-24-2002, 08:52 AM
Smyrna350

I received the letter as well but I haven't received any "promotional" products yet. I'll let you know if I receive them before you.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:56 PM
ppw350Z

sounds like a plan Smyrna350. i went into the dealer today none of the techs were in by the time i got there. but i did get to see one of the supervisors. we talked for a few minutes i told him all the problems with my Z and he was completely shocked at all the trouble i was having. he claims they've not had any problems with any of the Z's they've sold yet. we'll see what they do on the 26 of December.
Old 12-25-2002, 02:20 PM
nokidz

Here is the message I left at the Bose site:
I own a 2003 Nissan 350Z. It is the touring model that comes standard with a Bose premium stereo system. I must say I am terribly disappointed with the sound quality of the system. The override software that controls the volume and bass probably seemed like a good idea at the engineering meeting but in reality it pretty much ruins the music. I am sure that you are aware by now of the problems with the Z system due to the number of complaints directed at Nissan North America. I am currently waiting for replacement parts due to a service bulletin issued by NNA. I have been waiting 3 weeks so far. I am not happy. I get people asking me how I like the car every day and I tell each one the car is fantastic and that the Bose stereo sucks.
Old 12-25-2002, 02:56 PM
ziscoming

I sent an Email to Blose I mean Bose..
Thanks for the link. I am not even part of the TSB based on my VIN# but its not acceptable in terms of AM/FM quality and the adjustments have been frozen to make it have any highs or lows.

I will be calling Nissan manana!

Last edited by ziscoming; 12-25-2002 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-25-2002, 03:02 PM
ppw350Z

that reminds me i placed my complaint with bose over 2 weeks ago. they really suck at responding to mail. that is just rediculous, i think i'm gonna write them another e-mail.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:59 PM
Leon's Z

Default Thanks for the thread

I had problems the day after I got it home. My problems are the same with a little difference, the stereo doesn't come on for about an hour after I start driving. Here is the letter I wrote to Bose.
Thanks for the link...

I recently purchased a brand new Nissan 350Z with a "premium" BOSE stereo system. If you are not aware, this vehicle is one of themost sought after vehicles currently promoted. My complaint is that my stereo DOES NOT WORK properly. When I get into my car, the stereo generally doesn't work for about an hour or so. Then when it finally does "pop" on, the sound quality is irregular and the bass pops in and out. Also, the volume changes on its own.
Please let me know what remedy you can offer as this is a NEW VEHICLE.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:02 AM
mattvols

I sent my complaint to Bose one month ago and have not heard back anything from them.
Old 12-27-2002, 03:10 PM
Leon's Z

Originally posted by mattvols
I sent my complaint to Bose one month ago and have not heard back anything from them.
So I placed a call to my dealer today and "surprise of surprises", he said that the "back-ordered part" would be in perhaps as early as next week. YEAH, RIGHT.

At the end of the day, I think that the BOSE situation is all over the map and that every Touring owner needs to stay on the case for as long as it takes for ALL Touring owners to be taken care of. I'm gonna leave another email wth Bose and with Nissan.
Old 12-28-2002, 06:27 AM
Smyrna350

I agree Leon. Bose (at least) acknowledged my complaint with an e-mail back. They also send an automatically generated e-mail as soon as you leave a post so if you didn’t receive the automatic e-mail maybe you need to try again.

I have heard nothing else from Nissan or Bose. I did have the amp replaced. It only took my dealer 3 days to order, receive and install it. But, it’s not a total fix to the problem. The sound is better but the Audio Pilot still isn’t working correctly and the bass and treble adjustments are now less that adequate (they don’t work).

I dropped my Z off again yesterday to get some minor bodywork done (little scratch during shipping) and I asked if they would listen to the system under road conditions and compare mine to a new Z outside of the TSB VIN range. They did so (so they say) and gave my Bose a “clean bill of health” saying it works as advertised.

If that’s the way it’s supposed to work and sound I can’t accept it! I say we keep hounding Nissan and Bose until they own up to the problem and fix every one of the systems that are bad.

FYI... When I’m parked and listening to the radio or CD’s the system sounds pretty good although I still don’t have any control with the adjustments. When the Audio Pilot takes control it’s not a pretty situation.

Let’s stay united and continue fighting this thing!
Old 12-28-2002, 08:16 AM
Rocket2023

Default No response

I filed the complaint 3 weeks ago. Nothing, no response whatsoever.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:18 AM
Smyrna350

Are you speaking about your dealership not responding, Nissan NA or Bose?

Don't expect too much from Bose I'm afraid. But, Nissan and your dealer should be helping you out.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:10 PM
Leon's Z

Originally posted by Smyrna350

Let’s stay united and continue fighting this thing!
I couldn't agree more. At the end of the day, we paid for a working "upgraded" stereo, and we're not getting that. That is the bottom line. I'm there, I'm united...
Old 01-03-2003, 10:02 PM
ccondo

Default My email to BOSE

I am the new proud owner of a 2003 Nissan 350z, and an EXTREMELY disapointed of a BOSE car stereo system. I paid additional money for a more expensive model of my car, and one of the main reasons were to get a nicer stereo.

To say I am disapointed is an understatement. I have had my car now for (literally 4 days) after having the car for less than 2 hours I noticed how BAD the stereo was, and within 2 days had decided to start pricing a newer car stereo system.

Your organization should be ashamed to have their logo on this product (as should ANY company) I know your company spends more on advertising than it does on research, manufacturering, development, etc. Bad this is beyond terrible. I have heard some of your products in other vehicles and thought they were not bad, but this thing is a total PIECE!!! I am sitting here looking at another couple of thousand dollars on an after market system, and it will not have the same styling as the interior of the car.

No matter how much you spend on advertising, delivering a TERRIBLE product results in people like me answering a question like:

Is there anything you dont like about the new Z?

I say the bose stereo is TERRIBLE, a total waste of money. I would rather have stock. (I have read at www.my350z.com that the stock sounds BETTER!!!)

-----
Not very subtle - but I actually hated bose to begin with

-----
BOSE MOTO: If you want no highs and no lows - Choose Bose
Old 01-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Smyrna350

Default Way to go!

I couldn't agree more with all of your comments!

BTW... I haven't heard anything from anyone since my e-mail back from Bose stating they had my complaint on file. Calling Nissan generated a promise of some "promotional items" in return for my comments/complaints (12/17/02) but I haven't heard from them either.

Nothing will make up for the crappy Bose system other than a total replacement. I don't think they have the technology to produce an acceptable product.

I owned (and traded) my 1992 300 ZX in for my 2003 350 Z. I replaced the Bose system in that vehicle after putting up with years of poor sound quality and eventual total system failure. The tape deck jammed, the CD wouldn't work and the speakers quit working (after replacing one with a new Bose speaker @ $500.00 each).

The saga continues!!!
Old 01-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Leon's Z

Default Re: My email to BOSE

Originally posted by ccondo
I am the new proud owner of a 2003 Nissan 350z, and an EXTREMELY disapointed of a BOSE car stereo system. I paid additional money for a more expensive model of my car, and one of the main reasons were to get a nicer stereo.
-----
BOSE MOTO: If you want no highs and no lows - Choose Bose
This is a GREAT message. It's a shame that this late in the game of distributing vehicles that Nissan would have a little integrity and actually tell new purchases that there is an issue with the stereo. I'm disappointed with everythig surrounding this otherwise great car.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Rocket2023

the message was to BOSE and I also called NNA. NNA basically said, sorry you feel that way - end of story. They were towing the line that the stereo is top of the line and is of high quality.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Smyrna350

Default Promo product from NNA

I received it in the mail today!!

A traveling coffee cup that I can use to spill beverage in my new Z. It does have a top so I guess it's safe to use while driving.

Not sure it's worth all the hassles I've been going through and surely won't replace the "preimum" Bose stereo system.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Leon's Z

Default I'm confused!

How in the heck are "premium gifts" supposed to remedy the radio situation? Is this their way of "buying" good will with no real substance behind it?

I think I have a great idea as to where they should put that travel mug.

Quick Reply: Bose owners file your complaint here