Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audiovox 5000 w/ VDO software questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 04:09 PM
dcmidnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audiovox 5000 w/ VDO software questions

Have this system installed in an 04 Touring that I just bought last week. Was looking to get updated or different CDs for the car, so I looked at the two discs that came with it and they are VDO disks - one OS disk (6.9) and one New England/MidAtlantic disc. But the website on the back of the CD case (vdodayton-shop.com) is a link that seems to only sell CDs for foreign countries. Anyone have a setup like this and/or advice?

Can I use CDs by another company and how hard would that be to do - does this system have a preloaded OS on it that would make that job more difficult? I plan on driving down to Myrtle Beach and Florida from Washington DC and then what happens, does this CD just kaput at the borders or how does that works?

The one link I found on their site said they have no current CDs for the USA, so if anyone has another company I could use, all the better.

edit - The Audiovox site lists some map cds, but the picture of them looks like they are all from 1999? Maybe 2003 is as up to date as I can find.

Thanks for any and all advice. This is the system that came with the car and so far seems to be pretty decent, but I have to live with it for now.

Last edited by dcmidnight; 07-31-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:57 AM
dcmidnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any advice?