Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

DVD/Nav install options

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:17 AM
NeonShadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD/Nav install options

Please forgive the ignorant question, but I've searched for the last 2 hours....

I want to install a DVD player in my 03 Touring Z. Presently, I have the factory bose, but plan on changing that within a year (My budget will not survive the costs of doing the entire system right now).

Now the Question - Is FM mod the only way to have DVDs played through factory headunit? (I've tried that with Sirius and not really impressed).

Also, can I also integrate a NAV the same way as DVD player?

On a side note, a friend of my has Clarion nav system, and has that somehow working with factory unit in his FX45 and what's more puzzeling to me, is that he has the Clarion unit control Sirius radio, but factory "Sat" button activate the sound.... (channels are controlled through clarion unit).... does anyone know how that can be done? (I asked my friend but he doesn't know much about car stereos - he had a shop do the install).
Old 10-03-2005, 11:12 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's an option, but i don't know how expensive it is: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=79

Most DVD/Navs play CDs as well, so you may discover that you will not need to get a separate HU after all.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:33 PM
NeonShadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, at this point I'm not getting a nav, I just want a DVD player without having sound quality issues (like those with keeping bose speakers with aftermarket HU).

Thanks for the advise I'll look into it