Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

future system plans

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:12 AM
joshp214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default future system plans

Well, some folks may think Im crazy, but heres my plan.....see what you guys think. First of all, keep in mind that this is going to be a demo car, and not a daily driven or "race" car, although it will be driven sometimes. First, there will be a wall behind the front seats housing 8 12" Incriminator Audio woofers. The box for them will be sealed, and around 16 cu ft. The woofers will be powered by 4 IA 20.1 amplifiers. For highs, 2 sets of RE Audio 6.5" components will go in the doors, and will be powered by 2 IA 3.4 amplifiers. Im probably gonna hook it up with a monitor where the fact. radio is, or maybe where the fact. navigation would have been (if it came with it). If you want a mental image of what the wall will look like, it will be a "V" if you are looking in, with 4 on top, and 4 on bottom. Im estimating the setup to hit around 153-155 db on the dash. What do you guys think about it?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no way in hell you will be able to make a 16 cu ft enclosure in the back of a Z.

Please post pics because this just sounds WAY OUT THERE...
Old 10-17-2005, 05:24 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

im going to have to agree with usnhm350z. i dont think there are even 16cuft available to work with. if you figure out a way to do this i'd really like to see some pictures!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:29 AM
joshp214

Im pretty sure there is 16 cubes, but if theres not, Ill take whatever I can get, and put as many subs as the airspace will allow......it will be a bit before this project gets underway, so no pics yet....Ill be sure to take pics along the way. I just thought I would see what everybody thought about this....I think it would be sweet!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:12 AM
CompiledMonkey

Hope you have a lot of dough to toss around before starting a project like that.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:46 PM
joshp214

Ahh, it wont cost that much really.....I co-own the subwoofer/amp company, and have the hook up on all the other parts
Old 10-18-2005, 04:59 PM
JimRHIT

are you going to try and do 8 DPs ... are you crazy....you'll need tons of power .... time for a bigtime electrical overhaul for this Z ....
Old 10-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, i dont see how this is possible considering there is only 6.8 cubic feet of storage space.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:14 PM
joshp214

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
are you going to try and do 8 DPs ... are you crazy....you'll need tons of power .... time for a bigtime electrical overhaul for this Z ....
Yes Im going to try and do 8 DP's. (BTW did you look the name up on the site or already know about us?) Ive been told I was crazy a few times in my life, so this is nothing new...lol. And yes, Im figuring an additional 4 Optima Yellow tops will be in order for the electrical system.

Originally Posted by camaro194
yeah, i dont see how this is possible considering there is only 6.8 cubic feet of storage space.
There is WAYY more than 6.8 cubes from the back of the head rest to the back of the car. I am very anxious to get started on this project, but the front end will have to be fixed first.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:39 AM
ericjackson

get a few of the solobericks(sp?) and make it hit just as hard
Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 AM
joshp214

^^^are you freaking serious?? OMG..lol
Old 10-19-2005, 03:59 PM
momo 350z

well first off good luck..also im running 2 kicker 10's in a sealed box and i hit a 134.3 spl in my z running 500.1 amp..so if you plan on running 8 12's i think your system should hit way more than 155 spl..you would prob be better off running 4 12's and call it a day,,way more bass than you could stand..but anyways..good luck with the install
Old 10-19-2005, 05:38 PM
JimRHIT

Originally Posted by joshp214
Yes Im going to try and do 8 DP's. (BTW did you look the name up on the site or already know about us?) Ive been told I was crazy a few times in my life, so this is nothing new...lol. And yes, Im figuring an additional 4 Optima Yellow tops will be in order for the electrical system.

I knew of you guys. I am a transducer engineer for a large company ... so I kinda pay attention to whats out there

Good luck with the system man...keep us all posted
Old 10-19-2005, 05:49 PM
zrausch

haha dont go with 8 12"s.

go with a couple of these!

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/10904...Subwoofer.html
Old 10-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Speedracer

My honest opinion is that such a venture represents pure excess to the point of being ridiculous. I mean, really.....what's the point? Is it really that cool to build a device that can make you deaf in twenty minutes? Why not spend the money to build a super system that has some level of sanity, but is extremely creative and artistic, as well as being a top notch install from a sound quality, materials, and design standpoint. One set-up will get real respect, the other will be laughed at.....know what I mean?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:07 AM
NisAznMonk

Since when are there any other amps available besides the IA20.1? And is this for music or for spl?

Also, Team pwnage used 4 of the IA20.1 for this past weekends USAC contest in Kansas City. Awesome amps Now I wish I could have gone with them
Old 10-20-2005, 06:03 PM
joshp214

Originally Posted by Speedracer
My honest opinion is that such a venture represents pure excess to the point of being ridiculous. I mean, really.....what's the point? Is it really that cool to build a device that can make you deaf in twenty minutes? Why not spend the money to build a super system that has some level of sanity, but is extremely creative and artistic, as well as being a top notch install from a sound quality, materials, and design standpoint. One set-up will get real respect, the other will be laughed at.....know what I mean?
Believe me. If you have ever been to a DB drag event you would know that there is HARDLY anybody listening to the cars that have a gorgeous install and sounds really nice. EVERYBODY runs to the car that is about to knock the windshield out of the car. My company is not really known for unbelievable sound quality like JL or others. Dont take me wrong though, our subs sound great....but we are known for our ability to produce amazing quality woofers/amps that beat you to death, and dont blow up. The car that I am building will have very decent sound quality when I have the subs turned down, but when I turn the bass ****, it will throw the windshield out (not literally).
Old 10-20-2005, 06:06 PM
joshp214

Originally Posted by NisAznMonk
Since when are there any other amps available besides the IA20.1? And is this for music or for spl?

Also, Team pwnage used 4 of the IA20.1 for this past weekends USAC contest in Kansas City. Awesome amps Now I wish I could have gone with them
We have a whole line up of amps that are almost ready to be available. anywhere from 400 watts to 1800(rated) watts. My car is going to be set up for music. The booty bass cars are coming back in the show arena now.

Yes, Brad and the boys did very well at the comp. They are some of the hardest working competitors I know. Also, they had a slight edge on the competition with those amps......

oh, and I dont want to spam the board with my company, so if i cross the line be sure to let me know, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Speedracer

Exclamation

EVERYBODY runs to the car that is about to knock the windshield out of the car.

Me included!!! But looking/listening to that type of install isn't any more likely to get me to buy that company's product or to use that particular shop as an installer. Why?.....Because I know that's not what is going into my car. I'll look at those set-ups as a curiosity, then move on to looking at "real" installs with more seriousness.

Kinda like a hot sexy stripper vs. the woman you want to marry. While the stripper may draw a crowd, she's not the one you want to live with every day.

Now if you are using this project specifically for shock effect to attract a crowd, that's different, but just don't think that will get people to buy the product.

Last edited by Speedracer; 10-21-2005 at 03:14 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:30 PM
joshp214

Originally Posted by Speedracer
EVERYBODY runs to the car that is about to knock the windshield out of the car.

Me included!!! But looking/listening to that type of install isn't any more likely to get me to buy that company's product or to use that particular shop as an installer. Why?.....Because I know that's not what is going into my car. I'll look at those set-ups as a curiosity, then move on to looking at "real" installs with more seriousness.

Kinda like a hot sexy stripper vs. the woman you want to marry. While the stripper may draw a crowd, she's not the one you want to live with every day.

Now if you are using this project specifically for shock effect to attract a crowd, that's different, but just don't think that will get people to buy the product.
LOL, thats a pretty good analogy there. However, as Im sure you know, there are tons of different nice installs at car audio shows such as DB Drag world finals, USACi finals, MECA finals, etc. Most of the time people "forget" about the really nice, perfect sounding installs, and remember the ones that made their chest hurt... I do accept your point, and what you are trying to say, because there is one car in particular that sticks out in my head as the best sounding car ive ever heard, and it was nothing spectacular bass wise, but the ingeniousness of the install, and superb sound quality made me think of that company in a different way. Like you said, the car Im building is basically for shock value, and that is what my company is known for.