Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Anyone tried this? Sub box in stock location

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:37 AM
pork_flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried this? Sub box in stock location

I've seen the sub boxes under the strut bar. Im sure they work great but all the space behind the drivers seat in the stock sub location is wasted. Has anyone tried to utilize the stock location for a sub? I realize the metal will need to be cut to insert a box but I would much rather use that stock location before giving up space in the rear compartment. Thoughts please..
Old 10-18-2005, 10:19 AM
highside107

Originally Posted by pork_flaps
I've seen the sub boxes under the strut bar. Im sure they work great but all the space behind the drivers seat in the stock sub location is wasted. Has anyone tried to utilize the stock location for a sub? I realize the metal will need to be cut to insert a box but I would much rather use that stock location before giving up space in the rear compartment. Thoughts please..
I think you posted this in the wrong forum... try the Audio/Video/Nav forum; I'm pretty sure it's been discussed there before. From what I remember, the sub in that location didn't hit too well. Have you considered this: taking out your spare tire and putting 2 10" subs there instead, pointing UP towards your rear window? You lose the spare tire, but the install is "stealth" and you still have your trunk space. My install is customized and I have the amp powering my subs there as well. The amp that powers my MB Quart speakers all around is in the space behind the driver's seat instead. Take a look in that forum... a lot of users (with pics) have done it this way with the spare tire out. Just make sure you have AAA or something in case you get a flat!

edit: Looks like someone just posted this a couple days ago asking if putting the sub behind the driver's seat would make the bass "uneven".. check it out here: https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/148088-question-about-subwoofers.html

edit 2: here you go, check this link out as well: https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/130933-box-behind-seat.html

Last edited by highside107; 10-18-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Spideynw

Yes, I did it. Don't do it.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:24 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't need a box built into the location if you just get a free-air sub and apply sound deadening to the location . Many have done that with great results. I plan to as well.