Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

2 sets of Components???

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 10:34 AM
A to the Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 sets of Components???

I currently have a pair of Infinity perfect 6.1's and i just got my Z. I am planning on getting a pair of alpine components and placing them up front and the infinity's in the back. Will that be too much highs? The infinity highs are pretty solid already. What do you guys suggest?
Old 12-31-2002, 02:16 PM
JZC

The current trend seems to be components in the front.

Coxials/Mid Ranges in the rear. I've heard nothing but good things about doing this.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:35 PM
TeamRedline808

Ive mentioned this before and some people here jumped all over the idea. They dont seem to understand the meaning of crossovers. Really its not totally necessary to put seperates in the back. But if you have the extra cash and you want to put some back there just make sure you set the High Pass X-over at a lower freq. than the fronts. I guarantee it will sounds better than just a full range speaker or co-axials. Also I would make sure you have enough bass to even out the sound. You should definately have a box if your gonna go this far with the highs.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:46 PM
lbccpt

yaa redline is riiight. i went with the components in the front and thought about coaxials in the rear.. but i just disonnected the factory rears because they are right in your ear behind the headrest. it sounds better anyway with subs in the back
Old 01-01-2003, 04:09 AM
z461

Umm.. I actually went with components up front and back... I have diamond audio hex's in front and the M6's in back. The rear crossover was set to -2 and the rear tweeters I had placed in the strut tower bar facing upwards. The sound is much better, imaging is right in front like the sound is coming from the dashboard and isn't messed up at all... Most people will tell you to cut the rear speakers but that just causes the sound to become distant. Rather, by having rear speakers and tweeters set up in the strut bar the sound is more immersive, yet the soundstage remains in front of the driver/passenger.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:31 PM
NightRider

I just used the old school trick and only amped my front components and the sub. I'm running Focal 165KC's up front and Focal 2-way coaxials in the rear. My rear speakers are running a 50 wattsX2. My fronts are at 75X2. The sub gets 400 watts of Class D power. The imaging is balanced. Focal's have a very punchy midrange that can hit as low as some 10 inch subs. that was a problem in the Z's small cabin. I remedied that by running the 6.5s at 100hz High-pass and the sub at 100hz Low-pass. I'm thinking of changing my speakers though...Either Focal Utopias or Bostons.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:40 AM
TeamRedline808

Originally posted by z461
Umm.. I actually went with components up front and back... I have diamond audio hex's in front and the M6's in back. The rear crossover was set to -2 and the rear tweeters I had placed in the strut tower bar facing upwards. The sound is much better, imaging is right in front like the sound is coming from the dashboard and isn't messed up at all... Most people will tell you to cut the rear speakers but that just causes the sound to become distant. Rather, by having rear speakers and tweeters set up in the strut bar the sound is more immersive, yet the soundstage remains in front of the driver/passenger.
Thank god, finally somebody who understands.