Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Still Bose with no 6 disc changer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 08:17 PM
defex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Bose stereo is not an option on any model. It is standard on Touring and Grand Touring. As is power leather seats; no other model comes with leather, nor has it as an option from the factory. It IS a dealer option. It is aftermarket leather seat covers, and they are NOT exactly like those found in the ones with power seats; look closely. So you are aware what model you have; the issue is that you were told you were getting the Bose system, but did not and did not know it wasn't really an option on that model, right? Not much you can do about that, since you can't get the Bose, anyway. Just add a changer and a Basslink sub to what you have and you'll be better than the Bose, or go aftermarket altogether and be in a whole other league.
It isn't a big deal not having the BOSE.. I just want to be sure he wasn't lying about all of the above. How can I tell if I have xenons? Do the regular lights look different?

PS I will probably add a basslink...
Old 11-29-2005, 08:17 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Then you better take it back? Ask him what model it was? Makes a big difference here!

Liek you stated ina previous thread, you stated you do not have TCS or VDC, hence you have the Base model!

Looks like the dealer pulled a fast one on you. If you have it writing I would definately take it back and tell them you don't want it. Keep us advised and next time do your homework before you buy!

How can you buy a car and not know what the model/trim is? WOW!

You can definately tell the difference in the headlights. One is halogen, like most cars out there and HID is much brighter and whiter!

I would take the dam Z back! Also do a burnout, if you have one tire mark, guess what, the dealer lied and you do not have LSD.

Ask the salesman what type of LSD is on the Z and why you do not have Bose. False advertising, I would demand my $ back!

Last edited by zand02max; 11-29-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:21 PM
defex

Originally Posted by zand02max
Then you betetr take it back? Ask him what model it was? Makes a big difference here!

Liek you stated ina precious thread, you stated you do not have TCS or VDC, hence you ahve the Base model!

Looks like the dealer pulled a fast one on you. If you have it writing I would definately take it back and tell them you don't want it. Keep us advised and next time do your homework before you buy!

How can you buy a car and not know what the model/trim is? WOW!
I've baught previous cars that were not japanese that do not come in "trims" you buy options... thats how the mustang and bimmer were..

I baught it in houston and live in New orleans.. not so easy to bring it back..

Pondering whether or not I should call him but like i said I would like to know if the lights are infact xenons so i know how far the list of lies goes..
Old 11-29-2005, 08:22 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by defex
I've baught previous cars that were not japanese that do not come in "trims" you buy options... thats how the mustang and bimmer were..

I baught it in houston and live in New orleans.. not so easy to bring it back..

Pondering whether or not I should call him but like i said I would like to know if the lights are infact xenons so i know how far the list of lies goes..

$50, says you have a Base model with aftermarket leather!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:26 PM
defex

$50, says you have a Base model with aftermarket leather!
My mom has a maxima with xenons and they look similar to those but hers seem to light upthe road better... theyre near the same color.. hers just point higher I believe...

so the regular lights have the projection thing over the bulb also?

Theyre whiter and brighter than my other cars but not quite up to par with my friends bmw.. they are similar to my other friends g35 though..
Old 11-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Jcolman

I ususally don't do this but after reading all your posts I can't help it. The word is spelled "bought" not "baught".

Regardless of where you purchased your car you may have a good case to get some of your money back. Whether or not it's worth the hassle is up to you.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:16 AM
SangWL

Originally Posted by defex
My mom has a maxima with xenons and they look similar to those but hers seem to light upthe road better... theyre near the same color.. hers just point higher I believe...

so the regular lights have the projection thing over the bulb also?

Theyre whiter and brighter than my other cars but not quite up to par with my friends bmw.. they are similar to my other friends g35 though..

so sad..................

dude, congrats on the new car, but man you don't know anything about cars.

HID Xenons are noticeably different. Do us all a favor, call the dealer you bought it from, and ask them all the listings for your car.

Word for Word, write to us here and we'll finalize whether you have these options or not. ALso, take some pics of the car, inside-out.

Congrats again,

Sang
Old 11-30-2005, 06:18 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I see little possibility of a partial refund because of deception. The car is as it is. You checked the car before you bought, and these is no suspected odometer fraud.

What you have is a 350Z, and all 350Zs are cool. Don’t fret. Enjoy the ride.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
defex

Originally Posted by davidv
I see little possibility of a partial refund because of deception. The car is as it is. You checked the car before you bought, and these is no suspected odometer fraud.

What you have is a 350Z, and all 350Zs are cool. Don’t fret. Enjoy the ride.
You're absolutely right. Either way I believe I got a pretty good deal on it and either way I absolutely love the car. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
defex

Originally Posted by SangWL
so sad..................

dude, congrats on the new car, but man you don't know anything about cars.

HID Xenons are noticeably different. Do us all a favor, call the dealer you bought it from, and ask them all the listings for your car.

Word for Word, write to us here and we'll finalize whether you have these options or not. ALso, take some pics of the car, inside-out.

Congrats again,

Sang
LOL I actually know a great deal about cars. This is just my first venture into the Japanese market. Things are different on these cars.. BMW's HID's look extremely bright blue.. my mother's maxima and friends g35 don't look nearly as blue. Mine look similar to their's.. but it could always just be a projector with a lighter blue bulb behind the projector.

Here are pictures:

Headlight: http://inc28.web.aplus.net/frg-n/470...k/DSC00030.JPG

Interior: http://inc28.web.aplus.net/frg-n/470...k/DSC00016.JPG

Interior 2: http://inc28.web.aplus.net/frg-n/470...k/DSC00017.JPG
(notice drilled pedals..not sur eof the significance)

Seats(look better in person :P): http://inc28.web.aplus.net/frg-n/470...k/DSC00024.JPG

Engine with strut: http://inc28.web.aplus.net/frg-n/470...k/DSC00026.JPG

Exterior side shot: http://inc28.web.aplus.net/frg-n/470...k/DSC00009.JPG

Front shot(great view of headlights): http://inc28.web.aplus.net/frg-n/470...k/DSC00005.JPG
Old 11-30-2005, 05:00 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

You have a BASE model with upgraded HID's, leather, and you do not have BOSE thats for sure. Nice ride though. Did you call your salesman yet?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:16 PM
defex

You have a BASE model with upgraded HID's, leather, and you do not have BOSE thats for sure. Nice ride though. Did you call your salesman yet?
Thanks

Not yet. I don't think I'm gonna make a big deal out of it because I doubt I'll get anything out of it.. I can live without bose I suppose.. I'm gonna have to get one of those basslinks and a new headunit. Good to know the rest of the description is accurate though..

I'm gonna try to stop worrying and just enjoy the car. It's a blast to drive! Already got a couple mods on the way!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:30 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Enjoy~!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Vicynax

If he told u you had bose system and it was in writing, I WOULD MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT!!!

Honestly, BOSE systems kinda sounds crappy just like base version, but it's still an upgrade. If he tells u he's selling u something, then he should sell you exactly that. It's a matter of ethics.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Racerinlsl

honestly, you're better off without the Bose, but this is still a bogus deal. you got screwed. I'd be more pissed about the lack of LSD than anything. At a minimum, i'd be talking to the sales manager telling him you don't appreciate being misled. that's just not right.