Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Still Bose with no 6 disc changer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:45 PM
defex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Bose with no 6 disc changer?

OK so my dealer advertised the Z I baught as having a 240 watt Bose sound system, but when I bring it home it doesnt have the 6 disc changer. Does this mean I don't have a 240 watt bose system or is this just not the "premium" bose system? I'm very confused...
Old 11-28-2005, 10:03 PM
XtaZee

The standard bose (non cd changer) is a 160 watt audio system with no subwoofer. The 240 watt bose (premium audio system) has a 6 cd changer and a subwoofer.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:26 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

It isn't a Bose if it has no changer. There is no "standard bose" that xtazee describes. The regular radio is 160watt, but it isn't Bose. Also, the Bose says Bose on the HU, and has a sub behind the driver's seat.

What model did he tell you the car was? Only Touring (and I guess now Grand Touring) have Bose.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:26 AM
Luis_23

Old 11-29-2005, 05:34 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

You got taken, you have the Base Model MAN!

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/155479-not-sure-which-model-i-have.html
Old 11-29-2005, 05:37 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OR, if your head unit does say Bose and you have the sub behind your seat, you DO have the 6 disc changer; it's built into the head unit, not a separate unit in one of the cubbies between the seats like is available on the base system.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:41 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Can you answer these simple questions.

Do you have seat heaters for your leather seats?

Do you have a TCS or VDC button to the lower left of your steering wheel?

Do you have Cruise?

Do you have Homelink?

If you don't have cruise, non-Bose, TCS, VDC, LSD, Homelink, then you have the BASE model!

Trending Topics

Old 11-29-2005, 07:42 AM
zedated

Fwiw, the base stereo has one notable advantage over the in-dash 6 CD changer Bose stereo...

It can control an *external* CD changer. Because of this, it also can control an iPod... using controls on the head unit! You need a good iPod interface (several are available). The iPod interface looks like a cd changer to the head unit.

Possibly another advantage... maybe you can upgrade your speakers more easily (i.e. they are not funky Bose amplified)?? Personally, I don't know about this, but I think Bose speakers are individually amped and, therefore, non-standard.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:10 PM
defex

"If you don't have cruise, non-Bose, TCS, VDC, LSD, Homelink, then you have the BASE model!"

I have leather, but not powered. They're burnt orange... if that matters

I also have xenons..I think? They're preojector style and light up white/blue.. is there something visual I can look at in the assembly that would assure me of this? Please let me know asap so I can check.. if I don't that'll make two things he lied about..

He claimed I had the 240 watt bose system and LSD also..

What should I do? I already baught the damn thing.. not to say I don't love it.. I do and I got a great deal regardless of what options I have.. but shouldn't I be able to force some sort of reimbursement for false advertising?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Jcolman

What model (base/enthusist/performance/touring/track) did the salesman tell you you were buying?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:14 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The no-Bose system is manufactured by Clarion. Correct?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:16 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by defex
"If you don't have cruise, non-Bose, TCS, VDC, LSD, Homelink, then you have the BASE model!"

I have leather, but not powered. They're burnt orange... if that matters

I also have xenons..I think? They're preojector style and light up white/blue.. is there something visual I can look at in the assembly that would assure me of this? Please let me know asap so I can check.. if I don't that'll make two things he lied about..

He claimed I had the 240 watt bose system and LSD also..

What should I do? I already baught the damn thing.. not to say I don't love it.. I do and I got a great deal regardless of what options I have.. but shouldn't I be able to force some sort of reimbursement for false advertising?
From what you stated in this thread, https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155479 you have the Base Model.

Would you answer if you have TSC or VDC?

The seats are aftermarket along with the headlights. You have the Base model my friend, BASE MODEL!
Old 11-29-2005, 05:17 PM
davidv

Your profile says “Enthusiast” so you have no-Bose.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:18 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by davidv
Your profile says “Enthusiast” so you have no-Bose.
He stated in this thread, he has no TCS or VDC buttons, so guess what model he has? BASE!

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155479

"The wheels are the 17's. The rearview is not the Homelink and the cruise control isnt there. Also, there looks like there would be two button spots to the left of the steering wheel where traction and vdc would be and they are not... "

That my friend is a BASE model with aftermarket leather and headlights! I bet you don;t have aftermarket LSD. Spin the tires, if only one spins, guess what......you have the BASE model.

Now back on track, WHAT DID the salesman say he was selling, WHICH MODEL did he say?

Last edited by zand02max; 11-29-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:23 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by davidv
The no-Bose system is manufactured by Clarion. Correct?

Bose HU is Clarion as well.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:14 PM
defex

Originally Posted by zand02max
He stated in this thread, he has no TCS or VDC buttons, so guess what model he has? BASE!

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155479

"The wheels are the 17's. The rearview is not the Homelink and the cruise control isnt there. Also, there looks like there would be two button spots to the left of the steering wheel where traction and vdc would be and they are not... "

That my friend is a BASE model with aftermarket leather and headlights! I bet you don;t have aftermarket LSD. Spin the tires, if only one spins, guess what......you have the BASE model.

Now back on track, WHAT DID the salesman say he was selling, WHICH MODEL did he say?
So.. tell me again.. I forget... why are you being such an *******?

I'm not wondering what MODEL I have. I'm wondering which options I have. You can have options without having the certain package according to Nissan..

The seats aren't aftermarket.. they're the same seats I've seen in the other Z's.. just not powered and burnt orange leather just like the roadsters I've seen have..

So is anyone going to tell me how I can visually see whether or not they are just projectors or xenons? Anyone have a picture of the regular headlights?

I swear.. some of you are acting like I'm trying to con someone or something. I'm just trying to get information!

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Not being an ******* here, just asking specific questions that you can't seem to answer.

All OEM Nissan leather has power seats and heaters. You do not have OEM Nissan Leather.

You stated you don't have TCS/VDC/Cruise, correct?

What did the salesman state what model it was?

BTW, your leather and headlights are aftermarket. Do you know how I know this.

1. You don't have TCS/VDC/Cruise and no power/heated leather seating.

What you bought was a Base model with aftermarlet leather and aftermarket HID!

Please don't take this the wrong way, we are telling you what you have.

PLEASE answer the above questions! TY! Can you provide pics of the leather, steering wheel, ect?

I told you what aftermarket options you have, Leather and HID! Do you have it in writing that it was a BOSE? Looks like you were taken. How much did you pay for it, what year, miles, ect?

Please review your paperwork and tell us what it actually says, and what model it says?

Last edited by zand02max; 11-29-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bose stereo is not an option on any model. It is standard on Touring and Grand Touring. As is power leather seats; no other model comes with leather, nor has it as an option from the factory. It IS a dealer option. It is aftermarket leather seat covers, and they are NOT exactly like those found in the ones with power seats; look closely. So you are aware what model you have; the issue is that you were told you were getting the Bose system, but did not and did not know it wasn't really an option on that model, right? Not much you can do about that, since you can't get the Bose, anyway. Just add a changer and a Basslink sub to what you have and you'll be better than the Bose, or go aftermarket altogether and be in a whole other league.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:44 PM
davidv

Default First we should make sure that its a Nissan 350Z.

What is the VIN?
Old 11-29-2005, 08:14 PM
defex

"Not being an ******* here, just asking specific questions that you can't seem to answer.

All OEM Nissan leather has power seats and heaters. You do not have OEM Nissan Leather.

You stated you don't have TCS/VDC/Cruise, correct?

What did the salesman state what model it was?

BTW, your leather and headlights are aftermarket. Do you know how I know this.

1. You don't have TCS/VDC/Cruise and no power/heated leather seating.

What you bought was a Base model with aftermarlet leather and aftermarket HID!

Please don't take this the wrong way, we are telling you what you have.

PLEASE answer the above questions! TY! Can you provide pics of the leather, steering wheel, ect?

I told you what aftermarket options you have, Leather and HID! Do you have it in writing that it was a BOSE? Looks like you were taken. How much did you pay for it, what year, miles, ect?

Please review your paperwork and tell us what it actually says, and what model it says?"

I have it in writing that it has bose240 watt stereo, xenons, leather, limited slip with 35k miles paid 19k plus tt&L

He never said specifically a model type.. just 2003 350z coupe..

Quick Reply: Still Bose with no 6 disc changer?