Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Car Alarm install prob..pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own part of www.KPtechnologies.com. We don't really have any printed material put together, but our website (and support forum) has quite a bit of info on it. We are also working on a few really cool products right now, and hope to have them completed by ZdayZ (May, 2006)
Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

UPDATE:
rear windshield wiper still twicthes when i push lock/unlock...and it seems to drain the power needed to flip the locks into the lock/unlock position, so currently, i have to manually lock and unlock my doors..sweet huh..this alarm install was a bad move....
anyway, got a hookup at the dealership, they will warranty the bcm and get me a new one...how can this problem be prevented when the new bcm goes in? i am so frustrated, just want my car functioning normal...
Old 01-30-2006, 01:55 AM
KPierson
Banned

The thing that bothers me the most about this is the fact that the wires you tap for the door locks do NOT go directly to the BCM, they go to the power window module. The power window module then sends a serial comm signal to the BCM. I would unhook the alarm and see if there is still a problem, if there is I would be very hesitant to swap the BCM out before a problem is found and corrected. I would look very closely at the wiring that runs through the doors, as it is easy to knick wires inside the waterproof plug.

Good luck!