Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics
View Poll Results: Are You Satisfied With Your Bose Premium Sound System?
Yes
29.65%
No
70.35%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

How Many Are Dissatisified With The Bose Premium Sound System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Boomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: I wonder....

Originally posted by kbsig106
I stand corrected - However there is no need to reflect to the past - we're dealing with here and now.
I understand, you might want to search for droidkaus' post which touches on the problem of communicationbetween Bose and Nissan. Its not the central theme, but is relevant, I believe.

BTW, nice choice on your Z.

Boomer
Brickyard/Frost/5AT Touring
Old 05-01-2003, 07:05 AM
kbsig106

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: I wonder....

Originally posted by Boomer

BTW, nice choice on your Z.

Boomer
Brickyard/Frost/5AT Touring
Thanks.... There aren't many of us out there (Brickyard).

I guess what get's my goat is that they could put together a GREAT car and drop the ball on the radio. I would have expected something else.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:15 AM
Tden

Smile Response From Bose

Got this reply from Bose on May1st. This may be old news but here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your disappointment with the Bose
Music System in your 2003 Nissan 350Z. The current performance level of
this system does not meet our corporate standards and we are committed to
rectifying the situation.

Please encourage your friends who may be experiencing similar problems to
contact us. We will follow-up with you with more information when a plan
has been finalized

We apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division
-----------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation
US Telephone: (800)231-2673
International Tel: (508)766-6699
Fax Number: (508)879-2043
Email: http://www.bose.com/contact_us/
Old 05-07-2003, 09:48 PM
apsilon

I just picked up my Australian spec Track last Friday night. I didn't use the stereo for a few days as I was listening to the car etc but started using it today. While it's not too bad it's by no means a premium sound system. I'm not an audio nut but I have ears adn this just doesn't sound right. My biggest complaint is the bass is boomy and ill defined.

I've still got to try some different music styles and CDs but so far I'm very disappointed. This is what I'd expect a AUD$500 sound system to be like.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:29 AM
mattvols

My system still sucks, I hate my Bose, I am still pissed off! I had to say it just to get it off my chest. I have said it to Bose, here, and Nissan for months and it is time to say it again before I take a ball bat to the unit! I know you guys will listen, so I will say it here instead of callling Nissan or Bose! Now, I feel better.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:44 PM
spacemanspiff

I got the Bose fix when it came out...does sound much better then it did...but fails to blow my socks off. It's ok now is the way I would put it. It should have been better though.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:58 PM
kweho

Default Bose fix?

what is it?
how do we get it?

thanks
hk
Old 05-10-2003, 08:22 PM
rickski

Unfortunately, I have been waiting for over a month for Bose to do something or say what they are going to do to solve this problem. This tells me they have no committment to do something at this time. Since they has been no further information available from Bose, I am concerned that they have no intentions of doing anything.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:19 PM
suehproM

Originally posted by rickski
Unfortunately, I have been waiting for over a month for Bose to do something or say what they are going to do to solve this problem. This tells me they have no committment to do something at this time. Since they has been no further information available from Bose, I am concerned that they have no intentions of doing anything.
Oh, ye of little faith. Did you ever think that it might take more than a month to decide what to do about 27K+ cars? Maybe they want to do a better job than they did with the last TSB. I think from some of the posts in the other topics, you can see that they are working on it.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Leon's Z

Look at the history here guys... You gotta stay at it with BOSE, and you may not be satisfied with the "fix". Read this thread from as far back as you can tolerate. (I admit it's painful). You may or may not care for teh fix, but you have to stay in there with them. Once you get the fix, then decide if it's something that you can live with. In the meantime, consider swapping out the system for something that really suits you.

The one GREAT thing about this car is that it is easily modifiable. I can hear it now cause I say it too, "I didn't buy this car to modify it".

Anyway, good luck
Old 05-12-2003, 06:04 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got my TSB for my Bose! Disconnected the damn auto pilot speaker and put a resistor. Drove around long enough to see if it would act up. Sounds so much better! I'm Sounds like the older Maxima Bose.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:57 PM
Rob Nance

I must say my opinion has changed. After having the car several months I am more and more displeased with it. It's far from terrible, but it has a lot of issues with tinniness, weak bass, raspy mids, just not very good in general.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:43 AM
veilside z

I contacted BOSE Europe a few weeks ago & expressed my concern at all the problems experienced in the US with the sound system (Boomy bass & AudioPilot problems).

Here's the response (sounds promising), although it doesn't say what changes have been made...

Thank you for your patience.
We are sorry for the long delay, but we are happy to let you know, that in all the cars that are and will be imported to Europe, the initial concerns about the sound quality was considered.
The Sound System of those vehicles is altered to fulfill the high expectations of our customers.

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards

Frank Mueller
Bose AUtomotive Customer Service Team
Old 05-16-2003, 11:51 AM
rickski

Originally posted by suehproM
Oh, ye of little faith. Did you ever think that it might take more than a month to decide what to do about 27K+ cars? Maybe they want to do a better job than they did with the last TSB. I think from some of the posts in the other topics, you can see that they are working on it.
So.....how long before we wait until we can claim they are not responding? 1 month? 2 months? 2 years? Further, these cars started shipping in August (2002) I believe. Therefore this problem has essentially been outstanding with Bose for almost 10 months. How much "patience" do you think we should have? The point is that, even if the solution is not being implemented, Bose should _at least_ let us know what the solution is or what they are considering. Otherwise, this is just a standard response to blow us off.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:24 PM
dtaylor

Unhappy Email for Patty

Can somebody post the email for Patty at Bose? I'm about to get the Touring model (assuming that the new amp fixes the problem), but if it doesn't I want to be convinced that Bose is going to solve the problem.

I'm not saying that I won't get the 350z because of the problem, but I would consider getting the Enthusiast and getting aftermarket leather instead of getting the Touring. Either way, Bose loses out on a "sale". I think Bose should be made aware that not only are current owners pissed off, but potential customers are reading this and basing their decisions on Bose's response (or lack thereof).
Old 05-16-2003, 12:32 PM
NJZLady

Patty is at: support@bose.com. However, be prepared for the standard reply that all of us have received.

NJZlady
Old 05-16-2003, 02:34 PM
dbonski

Good job, Rickski [So.....how long before we wait until we can claim they are not responding? 1 month? 2 months? 2 years? Further, these cars started shipping in August (2002) I believe. Therefore this problem has essentially been outstanding with Bose for almost 10 months. How much "patience" do you think we should have? ]

I got my Z in late August and by September, complaints were already being logged. And it still "ain't" fixed! The replacement amp took care of the boominess, but that was it. Now there is limited bass and the auto sound control does not work. You would think that in 10 months, someone could have figured out a way to fix this problem. And sorry folks, I don't believe in ripping out a "premium" system that I paid for for a system that works! If this is the only "fix" to the problem, this Nissan & Bose should offer us a cash refund for a replacement system.

David
Old 05-22-2003, 10:43 AM
MaxZmus

Default Bose Premium Sound System

I think the Bose Blows. The Bose system was part of the reason I ordered the "Touring" model. When I picked it up from the dealer I was excited to check it out and was VERY disappointed. Count me in for the petition.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:04 PM
qirex

The more I listen to my bose the more I like it!!

There's definitely some DSP action going on, as the system infuses music with a certain *surround* quality. Alas, we cant choose diff sound field settings ala my old sony mobile ES headunit. As i remember on that unit, the rears were used to recreate delay and other effects - so when you faded rear the sound sounded WIERD.

anyhow, I hope we get an upgrade from all the butching going on, but if not - I'll still be happy.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:41 AM
Z-Desperado

Default Temporary fix

I used my mp3 player connected to the tape converter, boosted the base too the max and it does sound somewhat better.
I don't have any current tapes and don't need a tape player so it works as a substitute until Bose does something.

Quick Reply: How Many Are Dissatisified With The Bose Premium Sound System?