Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics
View Poll Results: Are You Satisfied With Your Bose Premium Sound System?
Yes
29.65%
No
70.35%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

How Many Are Dissatisified With The Bose Premium Sound System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 11:34 AM
iris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by NJZLady
CinZ,

It took months to get the amp, but it did make a difference. I know that the system is still not what a premium system should sound like, but it is better.
Same here. I did not get the head unit replaced like Boomer(?), only the amp. Some slight improvement. Enough so I don't cringe visibly every time I turn on the radio.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:54 PM
CinZ

NJZLady:

Thanks for the info. I think anything under warranty would be better at this point. I'd be happy if I could just have a little better sound without spending a $$$$$ on it.

I'll let the clock tick and see what becomes of Bose and their "resolving the problem".
Old 04-16-2003, 10:53 AM
NJZLady

We have been urged by Bose in soonerz's messasge (posted 4/11) to contact them to express dissatisfaction in the sound system. I sent the following email to Patty at Bose support today and urge everyone to send a similar message. There is strength in numbers!!

Dear Patty,

I am an owner of a Nissan 350Z and received your name and email address on the forum "How Many Are Dissatisfied With the Bose Premium Sound System" on the my350z.com web site. I am quite sure that by now you are well aware of the poor sound quality of the system and the disappointment and frustration that 350Z owners are experiencing.

Having never owned a Bose product I was quite enthusiastic that my new 350Z would be equipped with what has been advertised to be "the best" on the market in stereo sound quality. You can imagine my disappointment when I realized that every conceivable combination of changes to the sound controls resulted in a continued inferior listening experience.

My Nissan dealer, Hilltop Nissan, East Hanover, NJ, replaced the amp two months ago producing some improvement on quality. However, this system is by no means what I would rate as a "Premium Sound System".

I understand that Bose is aware of the poor sound quality produced by this system and would like to know what recourse I have as a consumer to bring the system to premium quality without having to "junk the junk" and install an entire new system at additional cost.

What remedy is proposed by Bose or have all of the 350Z owners just learned a lesson as to the true quality of Bose products?

If you would care to correspond with me directly by mail or add my name and address to what must be a long list of dissatisfied customers, my address is:

{inserted name and mailing address}
I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:15 AM
kbsig106

Thumbs up Form letter again!!!

This is what I received from Bose a few days ago. It's the same letter a few others received. Now that's two form letters from BOSE. I responded that I was going to send the BOSE stero directly to her via certified mail. No word back yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello William,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your disappointment with the Bose
Music System in your 2003 Nissan 350Z. The current performance level of
this system does not meet our corporate standards and we are committed to
rectifying the situation.

Please encourage your friends who may be experiencing similar problems to
contact us. We will follow-up with you with more information when a plan
has been finalized.

We apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division
-----------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation
US Telephone: (800)231-2673
International Tel: (508)766-6699
Fax Number: (508)879-2043

Old 04-17-2003, 09:10 PM
RAW22

Here's my letter. Keep in mind right now I have MK THX certified speakers for my home theater setup, not Bose 301's anymore..

Patty,

Hello. I have had a Nissan 350Z Touring since December of 2002. I am satisfied with the car in all aspects except the Bose stereo system.

I have some Bose 301 speakers in my back room, so I know what kind of sound I should expect from your company. My parents also have one of your Bose surround sound systems. I have given your products good reviews in the past to others looking for good speakers at a reasonable price.

I know that the sound from my car is not up to the Bose standard, epically for a "premium system". Not only do the speakers not sound good, but the "audio pilot" system automatically adjusts the volume, as well as the bass and treble controls.

I am aware that you may have just supplied a system to Nissan per their specifications, but I would like to inform you that the stereo has your name on it, and many other Z owners hold your company responsible. If you would like to view other opinions, please visit https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=16701 . This is just one of may websites I have seen discuss this problem.

Thank you for your time,
(specific info)

Last edited by RAW22; 04-17-2003 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:17 AM
mattvols

I also e-mailed Patty and received the computer generated response. No contact from her yet. On a side note, I went to Church Sunday. There was a guy there who worked at the Nissan plant in Symrna, TN who was there with his family. He saw me driving my 350 and asked me how I like it? When I informed him of the Bose Probem, he acted like this was new news to him! This leads me to believe that he was either lying or Nissan is not out in the plant attempting to correct the problem. The sad thing is that this guy seemed like "an upper management guy" and acted like he cared less. However, he did say that "Bose specifically designed this stereo for the 350", so maybe it is Bose that is not addressing the issue at the plant?
Old 04-21-2003, 11:00 AM
bbixby

Matt, the plant in Symrna does not build the Z at all. They make Altimas, Xterras, Trucks, and the new Maxima. That's why somebody working there would not be aware of the situation. Stick with complaining to Bose. They should be ashamed to even be associated with such a pitiful product. I refuse to buy anything made by them - I got stuck with it because of the car. Soon to change . . .
Old 04-21-2003, 11:09 AM
NJZLady

Just so everyone knows, I received the "Patty letter" too!

NJZLady
Old 04-21-2003, 02:51 PM
hockeygabor

So what is Bose going to do about the problem?....anything...or just continue to say"blah,blah,blah,blah,blah...ad nauseam
Old 04-22-2003, 03:55 AM
kbsig106

Default Pretty much

Originally posted by hockeygabor
So what is Bose going to do about the problem?....anything...or just continue to say"blah,blah,blah,blah,blah...ad nauseam

Ok so they make a few changes and then the 04's come out. Sooner or later people will just give up. It's looking like it could be a waiting game.

Who will hold out the longest?
Old 04-22-2003, 07:37 AM
soonerz

Default new BOSE response

I had contacted Patty once again asking if anything was goning to be done and if nissan was informed as to the problem. her reply was:

Thank you for your follow up. As I stated in my response to you on 4/8/03
the current performance level of this system does not meet our corporate
standards and we are committed to rectifying the situation.

We are working closely with Nissan to investigate the issues in a timely
fashion. I can assure you that these messages are being reviewed by the
Automotive Systems Division Vice President and the response you have
received from us is not a "form letter" it is intended to provide all Z
owners with the most current information available.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused and any
available information will be forwarded on to all of you.

Please let me know if you have any further comments or questions.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division

Now if only Nissan would respond to our comments....
Old 04-23-2003, 02:43 PM
hockeygabor

So here is an update on the BOSE issue:the BOSE corporation says:YADA,YADA,YADAYADA.....
Old 04-23-2003, 09:41 PM
Travic

wow im surprised so many are still disatisfied after the amp replacement.. since i got mine replaced i have been extremly happy with the sound quality...what are you guys expecting? are you missing highs,low or what? i have owned premium systems in my youthful days when loud was cool but i think the system sound good as is...
Old 04-23-2003, 10:04 PM
adrie_79

i'm not that happy with the performance and the quality as well...
Maybe it;s just that my expectation was too high or something...

One thing for sure though, the 10" subwoofer is really sux!!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 12:19 PM
veilside z

Guys, for what it's worth I've contacted Bose (because you've all got me a bit worried here)...

...we'll see what response (if any) I get, but here is the content of my note to Bose

--------------> I have recently ordered a new Nissan 350Z GT (UK market) & am concerned at the number of complaints that the Bose System is receiving in the USA. Can you provide any sort of re-assurance that the UK units will not suffer the same poor quality sound that US owners are reporting?

Also, I am interested in adding a 7" monitor & DVD player (or even Navigation system) to the Bose unit. Is this possible? Is there a AUX input? Are there any known pitfalls?

Any help & reassurance appreciated...

-------------->

I'll keep you notified of any response
Old 04-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Z-Desperado

Thumbs down Contacted Bose

I contacted Bose and they did admit that the 350Z system was not up to their standards and are planning an upgrade. They ask for others to contact Bose and voice their complaint to get something done.

At this time I willing to see if they will do something or they are putting us off. When I was shopping for my 350Z one option that was listed was a base enthusiast option NA like it would be a dealer installed option aviable later on.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:11 AM
veilside z

Well here's the reply...

---------------------

Thank you for your message.
Since the 350Z is not officially introduced to the European Market we do not have all the information available and we still need to get the latest from our US based colleagues.
We would like to ask you for a little more time - and promise to get back to you, as soon as the information is available.

We would like to thank you for your patience.

Best regards

Frank Mueller
Bose Automotive Customer Service Team

--------------------

So we will just have to wait & see whether the October 2003 UK models suffers the same quality problems that you people are reporting & if so - only time will tell
Old 04-30-2003, 11:17 AM
kbsig106

Default I wonder....

If BOSE will team up with Nissan on in to he future? Like '05 cars etc.

If so, they need to work on QUALITY CONTROL....

Old 04-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Boomer

Default Re: I wonder....

Originally posted by kbsig106
If BOSE will team up with Nissan on in to he future? Like '05 cars etc.

If so, they need to work on QUALITY CONTROL....

FYI, Bose has worked with Nissan for over a decade. My wife's 92 Maxima had a premium Bose system and her 99 Maxima has one also. Both systems were/are great! The Bose on the Z is the first flop I've heard and the cd player was good from the start, its the radio that was unlistenable.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:56 PM
kbsig106

Default Re: Re: I wonder....

Originally posted by Boomer
FYI, Bose has worked with Nissan for over a decade. My wife's 92 Maxima had a premium Bose system and her 99 Maxima has one also. Both systems were/are great! The Bose on the Z is the first flop I've heard and the cd player was good from the start, its the radio that was unlistenable.

I stand corrected - However there is no need to reflect to the past - we're dealing with here and now.

Quick Reply: How Many Are Dissatisified With The Bose Premium Sound System?