Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Are there any devices for linking to Bose system ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 06:53 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Are there any devices for linking to Bose system ?

I am looking into a better means of tapping into the factory Bose stereo to improve my overall dynamic range and improve the noise floor issues I am having. Tying into the factory wires in the trunk (by the factory amp) is not the best idea, as things aren't too clean back there signal-wise. The best option is to interface right at the head unit, and switch to line level output (RCA's). Has anyoner tried to use the PAC OEM-1 interface in their Z ? This is suppsoed to let you keep the factory head unit and keep the signal clean and will add 4 sets of RCA's and an amp turn on lead for adding aftermarket equipment. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with this, and what the outcome was. The only other option is a Soundgate device, but they are a little pricey, and I was hoping to find a cheaper solution...

I think I can use a standard cheap-o speaker to line level converter at the hu and use a Audio Control Overdrive or Phoenix Gold PLD1 to boost the signal to 4+ volts and keep it clean, but I would need 2 of these (front and rear), if I want to keep any fader control, which I prefer.

Anyone who has upgraded their Bose system, I am curious to see how noisy your system was after the upgrade if you didn't use any special line driver upgrades. Adding line convertors to the trunk area by the Bose amp will produce alot of unwanted noise, and we may need to do the conversion up front close to the head unit...