Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Autostart in Manual Voids Warranty??? [PHOTO]

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 07:27 AM
ZThang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autostart in Manual Voids Warranty??? [PHOTO]

Does autostart in the Z void factory warranty?? If so which part of the warranty....and how would they know the car has autostart if i just give them the original key fob or don't show them that i have autostart??

Also, i just put on the Viper 790xv Alarm on my performance Z...seems to work great so far.
Attached Thumbnails Autostart in Manual Voids Warranty??? [PHOTO]-remote.jpg  
Old 01-24-2003, 07:56 AM
maximadave

Default Re: Autostart in Manual Voids Warranty??? [PHOTO]

Originally posted by ZThang
Does autostart in the Z void factory warranty?? If so which part of the warranty....and how would they know the car has autostart if i just give them the original key fob or don't show them that i have autostart??

Also, i just put on the Viper 790xv Alarm on my performance Z...seems to work great so far.
No, it will not void your warranty. The dealer has to prove it first. Nice alarm by the way
Old 01-25-2003, 09:53 AM
JeremyL

I love the idea of the remote responder... but whats the REAL range on that baby?
Old 01-25-2003, 10:24 AM
maximadave

Originally posted by JeremyL
I love the idea of the remote responder... but whats the REAL range on that baby?
up to 300 ft.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:20 PM
ZThang

I've started it from about 250ft before. It is a little unerving b/c i always doubt in my mind if i put it in neutral or not....but other than that...its amazing.

I love starting it from inside a restaurant or something when people walk by...their reactions are priceless.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:23 AM
JeremyL

My main deal is the alarm and knowing when its my car whose alarm is going off... So range does matter in that case.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:10 PM
carnutsx2

Not to sound like your mom, but are your F#$kin crazy? an auto start on a stick and not knowing if the car is in gear. My guess is if you ever hurt someone you would go to jail. They make an auto start for sticks that wont start in gear. I worked at a shop that put an autostart in a Ranger pickup of the owners. After he started it and it ran over his quads and hit is bbq and the second time it ran over the shrubs in the parking lot we removed it. Trust me on this dont do it . The way I explain it to my customers is youve been putting your car in 1st gear for years , and now your going to leave it out of gear when you plan on auto starting it? Try Compustart they have way more range , try 6000' . If you cant find a dealer Ill make you guys a group buy or something . I would hate to see anyone get hurt .
Old 06-24-2003, 03:39 AM
Encore

I worked at Freemans Car Stereo for 6yrs. I saw about 8 cars take off when remote started. Some had safety devices on them. One car came into the showroom, another hit a customers new dodge ram, another tried to climb a tree,and so on. Upper management finally put there foot down, and said we would be fired for installing remote starts on sticks including our own cars. One of the guys at my shop has it on his Acura, and I make him park on a side of my building that has a cliff on one side, and a brick wall on the other. So he doesnt use it at work. Just think if you ran over, and killed your son, sister, great grandma, etc. It would ruin the rest of your life (except for grandma, she had it coming) Just use a safety device, and common sense if youve got to have it. I dont think its worth it though.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:48 AM
djkern
Banned

i've been driving stick for 10 years....and i never leave it in first when i park. i've always, 100%, left it in neutral...even when i'm on a hill. so, i wouldn't have that "tendency" to wonder if i left it in gear....cause i don't do that.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:06 AM
kakey

I have been driving stick for 14 years now and my first 3 formative driving years were in a place in Canada colder than sin.

You learn quickly that the only time you use your parking brake on your vehicle is during the drivers test. A frozen parking brake is not very entertaining.

My car is always parked in gear ... a manual start device with no "arming" system would result in a bad accident for me ... fortunately there are several manual starting systems which require an arming sequence to work

Regards,
Kevin
Old 06-24-2003, 01:16 PM
carnutsx2

One of you is much braver than I am. Ive worked hard over the years to have a nice house and a shop full of cars, bike and everything else that burns gas and needs a trailer. Im not going to bet the farm on leaving a car out of gear. I done know if my wife happend to drive one of the cars and "forgot " to leave the car out of gear. One of the first things the teach you in drivers ed is to turn the wheels to the curb and park the car in gear. As your car ages the ring seal will not be as great and your car will creep down the hill.
10 years -LOL I have had cars in my shop I have owned for over 10 years. I have 26 years under my belt
Old 06-24-2003, 01:27 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by carnutsx2
One of you is much braver than I am. Ive worked hard over the years to have a nice house and a shop full of cars, bike and everything else that burns gas and needs a trailer. Im not going to bet the farm on leaving a car out of gear. I done know if my wife happend to drive one of the cars and "forgot " to leave the car out of gear. One of the first things the teach you in drivers ed is to turn the wheels to the curb and park the car in gear. As your car ages the ring seal will not be as great and your car will creep down the hill.
10 years -LOL I have had cars in my shop I have owned for over 10 years. I have 26 years under my belt
well....i park on flat ground. i don't park on big hills...point being....i don't leave it in gear! anyway...who was your drivers ed teacher? jesus? you were around when he was around....haha!

laugh at 10 years of driving experience....26....haha...what's the difference? are you better than me? i wasn't saying i had a shitload of experience....but, it's not like i started driving yesterday. so...zip it. i'm sick of people like you laughing for no reason....
Old 06-24-2003, 08:00 PM
jonghj

auto start? sounds great!!