Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Want to do an audio system...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:14 AM
JimRHIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No buzzes or rattles at all ... and I had one of the heftiest mid-basses this side of an extremis. Some one-off Klipsch cerametallic mids (~8mm one way). Just gotta add a tad bit of deadener to the doors.

I'll make an angled spacer for the mid .. I am positive it'll sound 90% as good as most decent kicks.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:59 AM
dingobiatch

Hmm... that would be really cool. When are you free to do it? The week after next is spring break for me, would be the best time for you? How much would you want per hour? I'm not 100% sure I will be going through with this whole audio upgrade, I have to figure out a price and see if I can even afford it :-P.

And I would be willing to take away the dead pedal if it improves sound a whole lot. If it's not much of a difference, then I don't care.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
JimRHIT

Have you decided on the products you would like?

Are you interested in the AVIC-D1 that I have ... I can give you a good deal installed on that.

How about the subwoofer?

I also have some nice 2 and 4 channel amps ... all the wires/fuses/sound deadener you need.

It just depends on what you want to do. I'll just give you a price installed for things ...no real hourly cost ... but its like $20-$25/hour I guess
Old 03-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you decide not to do Kickpanels, check out the PODS we make for the door.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:01 AM
dannichols

Jim, was it you that had(has) the Klipsch horn tweeters in the kicks? I agree with your comments on the angled mids and tweet angles in the kicks. I currently have a slightly angled MDF mount that is offset to better position the mid in the door cavity. But would love to find someone with the ability to create something more extreme, like 2.5" on one lower side and tapering down to 1/4" on the other.

Here is a pic of my setup BTW, it's hard to see but the tweets are extremely shifted to point up toward the dome light area.

Dan in Temecula

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
No buzzes or rattles at all ... and I had one of the heftiest mid-basses this side of an extremis. Some one-off Klipsch cerametallic mids (~8mm one way). Just gotta add a tad bit of deadener to the doors.

I'll make an angled spacer for the mid .. I am positive it'll sound 90% as good as most decent kicks.
Attached Thumbnails Want to do an audio system...-spkrs2.jpg  
Old 03-19-2006, 10:26 PM
JimRHIT

Yeah Dan .. that was me

I can easily make a spacer like that .... let me know a cutout diameter and bolt circle.

Dingo ... you will save a lot of money and sacrafice only the finest bit of sound quality this way. If you had a set of $500 component speakers for the front ... well .. then I would push you towards the kickpanel setup ... but in most cases ... the doors are a great setup.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:44 AM
dannichols

Thanks Jim, will send you that info.

Great advice you're giving on the speaker placement too. I think this is a decent alternative to a 3 way setup or putting everything down in the kicks (mid and tweet). In effect, you are getting the components closer to on axis, keeping them close together, and getting them close to equal distance and as far as possible from the ears. These are the things most spkr manufs point to as important for imaging/staging effectiveness.

Dano

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Yeah Dan .. that was me

I can easily make a spacer like that .... let me know a cutout diameter and bolt circle.

Dingo ... you will save a lot of money and sacrafice only the finest bit of sound quality this way. If you had a set of $500 component speakers for the front ... well .. then I would push you towards the kickpanel setup ... but in most cases ... the doors are a great setup.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:48 PM
BlueBoxer

You can also check out Xtreme Audio in Temecula. 951-461-0001. These guys use to run an awesome car audio club and kept racking up awards until they finally decided to put it to use and open up their own place. I've seen some really nice custom stuff from them and they will be doing my own install once I get my pods and parts from Nazar.