Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

anyone want to build me a box for a single 12

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:49 PM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive been in the car audio business for over 5 years and if you came to me for a sub box in a 350z, i would build you the best box i can. but im sorry to say the hours that building involves will reach far more than 100 bucks. yoru looking at the 300-500 range depending on finish.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:06 PM
B-Unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eat rice z33
ive been in the car audio business for over 5 years and if you came to me for a sub box in a 350z, i would build you the best box i can. but im sorry to say the hours that building involves will reach far more than 100 bucks. yoru looking at the 300-500 range depending on finish.
imo 300-500 for anything but fiberglass is a total rip, i dont care how big the thing is. now fg is a whole nother story...

PS: 16PSI, how much you charge me for a 10" mdf ring./ one that has a thinner piece on top so the sub sets in the ring and is flush with the ring that lays on top. Thanx

=B=
Old 04-24-2006, 06:22 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont really know, thait kind of thing probably be better to have a local shop cut you

people always place way more emphasis on fiberglass...
a well built MDF enclsoure that fills an area nicely, with trim etc, is every bit as time consuming as a fiberglass mold etc...if not more...

the only time fiberglass costs more for sure is when you are doing painted glass work.

b
Old 04-24-2006, 06:53 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
i dont really know, thait kind of thing probably be better to have a local shop cut you

a well built MDF enclsoure that fills an area nicely, with trim etc, is every bit as time consuming as a fiberglass mold etc...if not more...

the only time fiberglass costs more for sure is when you are doing painted glass work.

b

yea, painted fiberglass is the onlyt way to go if ur gonna do fg imo. Ill ask a local shop. how much would u guess, i built an under the strut one and i wanna fg the front but i dont have a router to cut that mdf ring lol. maybe i should just go get a router lmao.

=B=

=B=
Old 04-24-2006, 07:14 PM
mitchgt

Originally Posted by 16psibrick

b
+1 for sure... I've been working on my MDF enclosure for a few days now... granted only a 4 hours one day, and like 6 the next... And as I stand now all I have is every board cut, trimmed, routered and ready for glue/nails/screws/carpet. (I'm putting in 2 false floors, walls going to the second floor, and a huge vented box for a diamond 12')
Old 04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by mitchgt
+1 for sure... I've been working on my MDF enclosure for a few days now... granted only a 4 hours one day, and like 6 the next... And as I stand now all I have is every board cut, trimmed, routered and ready for glue/nails/screws/carpet. (I'm putting in 2 false floors, walls going to the second floor, and a huge vented box for a diamond 12')

dude, you dontt ever need nails or screws, just use liquid nails, i put it on my subbox thinkin id want to do some staples also, dude, those liquid nails hold it together stronger than fack! way more thhan I anticipated.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
mitchgt

Originally Posted by B-Unit
dude, you dontt ever need nails or screws, just use liquid nails, i put it on my subbox thinkin id want to do some staples also, dude, those liquid nails hold it together stronger than fack! way more thhan I anticipated.
Thx for the comments, but I'm using the nails to hold the box togather while the liquid nails drys.. the screws are for the false floor.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:57 AM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04silverzcoupe
see above post.
side note:nazar and 16psibrick, nthing persobal, im sure yall build awesome stuff. i just dont have the money for that right now. nor the desire to spend money like that anymore. i like doing things myself, its just hard sometimes for me to get motivated. but anyway, again nothing personal, wishyall the best
No sweat, There are no gard feelings at all.

You can certainly make your own box for under $100... Not counting your time you put into it... Good luck and I hope it comes out nice.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:15 PM
04silverzcoupe

Originally Posted by Nazar
No sweat, There are no gard feelings at all.

You can certainly make your own box for under $100... Not counting your time you put into it... Good luck and I hope it comes out nice.
thanks man. i understand yall are running a business and im def not tryint to step on toes here. ill post pics i guess of whatever comes out, if it comes out halfway decent.
the first box i built turned out pretty good. but the second one was way shi*ty. i rushed it and didnt take my time making cuts and it shows. so we'll see how the third one works out.