Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

How do you have your satellite radio installed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:08 AM
BrianV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you have your satellite radio installed?

I have an 04.5 ZR and am having difficulty deciding how/where I'm going to install my SkyFi2. I want to use the tape adapter because FM modulation is horrible and I don't really want to go the PAC route.

I'm fine with having the tape, as I did on my G35 as well. My problem is A) where do I put the darn thing. It won't fit into the cubby hole and it needs to be within arm's reach.

What have you guys done? If you have pics that's even better.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 PM
zedated

Just a thought, do you have the Bose HU with satellite support? Granted it costs some $ for the XM receiver, but the installation is fully integrated with your HU.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:09 AM
BrianV

Originally Posted by zedated
Just a thought, do you have the Bose HU with satellite support? Granted it costs some $ for the XM receiver, but the installation is fully integrated with your HU.
First, the boxes cost a lot (like 200-300), and you get very limited satellite radio support. For instance, the SkyFi2 can bookmark songs you like and allow you to pause, rewind, fast forward, etc. Not to mention you get stock tickers and a nicer display. I thought about doing this in my G35, but I really prefer the stand alone units. Also, I have two cars so I get portability.

Thx
Old 04-28-2006, 07:15 AM
dream724Z

>use the tape adapter

Those still don't have lowend response. But SAT fidelity is so horrible anyway you might not notice the difference. Instead, use the subscription fee budget to buy CDs.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:41 AM
hondagal

I use a Kuda phone base and it works great for me. Take a look here http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_an...0z-28-287.html for a pic in a 350z.

I have mine mounted to it using RAM mounts. They're both neat and clean and there's no glue to come unstuck. They also make the positioning for viewing more flexible as well as easier for me to remove since I also use my Sirius Starmate on my motorcycle.

The tape adapter is not as clean as the hard wire. It's not difficult to install the PAC unit, I did it myself.