Default JVC-KDdv4200

Anybody install this yet?
reviews?
its a dvd player for 250........
http://www.mobile.jvc.com/product.js...hId=128&page=1
Old 05-30-2006, 08:12 AM
TreeZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the model with the USB port on the side, maybe a step up from that one, and i love it. many features within the unit and all the input/outputs i need. i think it is a very good unit for the price. dvd playback is skip free, and i just took it 8 hours on the interstate for a road trip, no problems.
this is where i bought mine from: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16807
fast delivery, and everything was in order. even a 1 year warranty through them.
good luck!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:19 PM
omernazeer84

i was lookin for just one good review and id figure id buyit. what type of screen are you using? does the HU power your other speakers well? do u have after maket speakers/sub.?
and if your not watching a video, what is playing on the screen when its just music? some sort of screensaver? info about the song,album,title?
Old 05-30-2006, 10:25 PM
omernazeer84

the link you gave me was for the model without the usb....i cant seem to find the usb model on the same site.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:17 PM
TreeZ

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16808
here is the model i got, price even dropped from when i bought it a month ago!! i use the Farenheit screen, like everybody else on this site. it was a budget screen but works well for what i wanted, my nice TV goes in my home.
when playing CD's the screen shows CD title, artist, song names, etc., i think you have to program them in, atleast on burnt ones, i haven't put in a regular one yet. when playing the USB, nothing is on the screen.
the sound is many times better with stock speakers from the original CD player, it has two preamp outputs and a sub output ( i think it had two other than the sub output) so i can't wait to get some amps/sub/speakers on it.
good luck!!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:19 PM
omernazeer84

i was wondering if its not too much of an incconvience that u could post a picture.....i want to know how the HU sits in the dash, being that it is is silver an all.....if they made it in gunmetal or black it would have been really sweet. i think im going to go this route, i just wana see how it looks

does it play screen savers at all when nothing is on?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 PM
omernazeer84

and i noticed ur handle is TREEz......wurrd.if thats what i think it means
Old 06-01-2006, 04:55 AM
TreeZ

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/194122-tommy-kaira-z-emblem-tv-dvd-pics.html
not a very good pic, but it'll do for now. and don't judge this, or any head unit's appearance by my install. i have an '06 and they don't make the dash kit for it yet, so i had to go with the '03-'05 dash kit, big gaps and doesn't line up. i actually like the silver, since it matches the interior's brushed silver accents (i.e. door handles, shifter console, steering wheel accents).
and no, my handle doesn't mean what you think it does, sorry