Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Compustar Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 02:25 PM
Monkey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compustar Alarm

Does anyone on the site sell these? I need to pick one up soon, and I am having a hard time finding a dealer. I would just become a dealer, but I don't think there would be much of a market around here. Most people I know would rather just buy a cheap DEI alarm from Best Buy and call that security. If someone knows where I can pick one up, please let me know.

-Jeremy
Old 02-23-2003, 03:16 PM
syf0n

Mark me down as 'very interested' as well.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:46 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Nazar at 603-382-1801, send him a PM (Private Message) or email him at CCAandS@aol.com (I think that one should work). Not only will he give you a good price but he can also answer any installation questions as he has installed quite a few Compustar systems. Be sure to mention you're from this board.

Now that I've helped you Jeremy, where and when can I buy the Balsarini kit?

Last edited by Anyone2u; 02-23-2003 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:53 PM
VaGentleman

Worth every penny!!

VG
Old 02-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Del350

DEI is not crap. They own viper and clifford now.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by Anyone2u
Call Nazar at 603-382-1801, send him a PM (Private Message) or email him at CCAandS@aol.com (I think that one should work). Not only will he give you a good price but he can also answer any installation questions as he has installed quite a few Compustar systems. Be sure to mention you're from this board.

Now that I've helped you Jeremy, where and when can I buy the Balsarini kit?

Anyone2u:
Well, I know Nazar quite well actually. I made my custom enclosure and sold me my entire stereo setup (minus JDM Sony headunit). I for some reason completely forgot he sells alarms. Also, I emailed a couple of importers about the Balsarini kit. I will make a post if/when I get some details.

DEL350:
I never said DEI was crap, and I am quite aware what brands they sell. I was referring to all the cheap alarms they sell at Best Buy for $50 bucks installed. I would prefer something with a bit more style, and functionality.

-Jeremy
Old 02-24-2003, 01:33 PM
Del350

I agree, any alarm for 50$ is worthless. And i have a compustar
Old 03-05-2003, 12:29 PM
aphesian

Just got my Compustar alarm in yesterday (courtesy of Nazar). Scouting around now for an installer. Any special tricks to the install or anything I should know about with this alarm?

Do any of you who have it installed on a manual have auto start enabled? Any issues with the reservation mode?

I just want this install done right the first time by someone who knows what they are doing. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any dealers in the area (Greenville, SC) that carry the Compustar alarm and have experience with the install.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:31 AM
KJ-350

Originally posted by aphesian
Just got my Compustar alarm in yesterday (courtesy of Nazar). Scouting around now for an installer. Any special tricks to the install or anything I should know about with this alarm?

Do any of you who have it installed on a manual have auto start enabled? Any issues with the reservation mode?

I just want this install done right the first time by someone who knows what they are doing. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any dealers in the area (Greenville, SC) that carry the Compustar alarm and have experience with the install.

which series did you go with? how much did it run you if you dont mind?
Old 03-06-2003, 01:06 AM
VaGentleman

I know you didn't ask me, but just for info sake, I have the 2WSSR series and it was $750 installed. That includes the basic unit/pager, a dual zone radar-based perimeter alarm, mercury switches to detect car movement, i.e., towing/jacking and a charge for the tech to come to me to install it.

VG
Old 03-06-2003, 07:44 AM
aphesian

I also purchased the 2WSSR. I paid $299 for it from Nazar with about $5 for shipping. The guy I'm currently talking to wants about $150-$200 for the install, which I assume isn't too terribly bad. He has no experience with Compustar, but has been installing car stereo and alarms for 15 years and seems to be proud of his work.

So how are you liking the alarm VaGentleman? Everything still working fine? Did you happen to put the auto start option on?
Old 03-06-2003, 10:01 AM
VaGentleman

Originally posted by aphesian
I also purchased the 2WSSR. I paid $299 for it from Nazar with about $5 for shipping. The guy I'm currently talking to wants about $150-$200 for the install, which I assume isn't too terribly bad. He has no experience with Compustar, but has been installing car stereo and alarms for 15 years and seems to be proud of his work.

So how are you liking the alarm VaGentleman? Everything still working fine? Did you happen to put the auto start option on?
Yea, everything is just fine!

The guy who installed mine was very knowledgeable about compustars. At first, though, I was having a problem with the alarm going off exactly 30 minutes after arming (for no apparent reason) and the dome lights flashing as if in unison with the shock sensor whenever I drove it.

When I went back to him, he told me that the car's computer was "going into sleep mode" and setting off the alarm. The dome light problem and the computer problem were corrected by installing a few extra diodes here and there (I only know vaguely what a diode is (permits current to flow only 1 way) and really don't know where he installed the little suckers). But you might want to give your installer a heads up.

Btw..these problems weren't able to be discovered by the installer after installation as he installed my system while it was in another shop waiting for new wheels/tires. I'm sure your guy will be able to test everything out.

VG
Old 06-02-2005, 06:24 AM
FairladyZi

Arrow ...a bit different Compustar question

I'm installing mine myself... and this is pretty unbelievable that somone is actually willing to deal with that for $150. You're talking about hours of work...
Took me about 7 hours to wire up evereything nice and neat, install hood sensor, antena, temp. sensor,
...still got connections to do
...and I got the question to you guys... Where is the best spot for shock sensor????
Does it have to be accesable????
It doesn;t have to be seen, does it?????
Old 06-04-2005, 05:05 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mines in the front bumper as far as I can tell cause thats where its most sensitive.

I had some issues with mine the other day; in the heat it stopped "replying" it would get the signal and do whatever; but it wouldnt ever show that the signal was recieved, not from 5feet away. after a few minutes of AC it was good to go. kinda wierd.

also anyone have the 900FM model? its one under the SS. I was told it would get great range; yet I find I only get about 100-150feet at best; unless its a clear shot to the car. any wall hurts it greatly. if Id known range was gonna be so short I woulda gone for SS, they said itd be a quarter mile; which it is definitly not.