Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

which HU with no screen is OK with farhenheit lcd and rev. camera ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006 | 05:11 AM
luke79

Unhappy which HU with no screen is OK with farhenheit lcd and rev. camera ?

I wanna play dvd and mp3, I want a single din unit with no lcd screnn to be used in combination with a 7" farenheit screen, I want the unit to automatically switch to the rev. camera signal when in reverse gear.

the JVC KD-AVX2 has little screen and seems cool but I don't know if it's able to automatically switch the video input.

Some alpine are able, but only the models with big integrated LCDs me thinks

I don't know about the other makes, could someone help me?
Thanks

luke
Old 09-11-2006 | 10:07 AM
led

Good question. I was up last night thinking the same thing. Trying to figure out a clean install is seriously keeping me awake at night
Old 09-13-2006 | 05:50 AM
MUZZY

Unhappy

That is a tricky question. All I know is that your HU has to have a video input to plug in the rear camera, thats all i know, hopefully I helped a little. I usually just switch the chanels on my screen, instead of it automatically switching.
Old 10-10-2006 | 08:45 AM
takissd

The JVC KD-AVX2 has autoswitch capability... i am in the process of installing it on my Z right now i will get some pics and let you know
Old 10-10-2006 | 10:43 AM
luke79

thanks mate!
Old 10-15-2006 | 12:50 AM
takissd

just letting you know that i installed it (no pics yet) its awesome! the jvc has a rev camera capability, once it senses 12 v on the rear camera lead it autoswitches (u gotta make the settings in the menu) and also it reverses the image like the more expensive "mirror" image cameras... lemmie know if you need helpgoing through the menu or installing...
Old 10-15-2006 | 07:23 AM
luke79

If you connect the cam to ignition and the "camera lead" of the HU to the reverse lead of the car the camera would be always on. This way you could manually switch to the camera even when going straight, if you want to. Otherwise the HU will automatically switch to the cam when putting the reverse gear.
Can you understand what I'm trying to explain?

An other question: do the USA KD-AVX2 is compatible with DivX or not?
Old 10-15-2006 | 02:26 PM
takissd

Originally Posted by luke79
If you connect the cam to ignition and the "camera lead" of the HU to the reverse lead of the car the camera would be always on. This way you could manually switch to the camera even when going straight, if you want to. Otherwise the HU will automatically switch to the cam when putting the reverse gear.
Can you understand what I'm trying to explain?

An other question: do the USA KD-AVX2 is compatible with DivX or not?
i do understand what you are trying to say... thats what i am doing actually...
i guess i will post some pics soon so you can see.. but very quick i am gonna tell you that i have connected a button that does that so i can have a view of the rear when i am still driving forward

i am not sure if it can handle divx i will have to burn something and try it out...why is the european (non US) jvc playing divX?
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:37 AM
luke79

thanks mate, I'll wait for the pics!
About the KD-AVX2, check the french website vs usa website, it clearly mention compatbile divx while usa dindn't. BTW, divx.com says as well that KD-AVX2 is divx compatible, but in another forum a guy told that it isn't... so I need a confirmation, because in the US it's a lot cheaper, but it's not worth the difference if it doesn't play divx!
Old 10-17-2006 | 05:13 AM
whammie

The JVC KD-AVX2 is not divx compatible... to my knowledge unless someone has found a trick... but as far as headunits go. That thing is top notch!
Old 10-17-2006 | 05:52 AM
takissd

tried yesterday a DivX movie on a DVD and it could not play it... i guess the guy on the forum was right... i am not sure but is there differences on what kind of divx it is? maybe an older version divx is supported but not a new one? the one i tried was probably a new one... i gotta find more divx movies to try it out...
Old 10-17-2006 | 09:37 AM
BurnMac42

My question kind of piggy-backs on the original question however it is a little different. If I were to get this screen and install it for my 03. What would I need if I wanted to have both DVD and navigation run through this screen? Is that possible or would I need to buy a seperate in-dash Nav unit and then run the DVD part to the screen?
Old 02-01-2007 | 06:19 PM
Z+Lotus+Vette

Originally Posted by takissd
i do understand what you are trying to say... thats what i am doing actually...
i guess i will post some pics soon so you can see.. but very quick i am gonna tell you that i have connected a button that does that so i can have a view of the rear when i am still driving forward
I too, want to wire it this way. Did you have to use a relay to pull it off? Seems a switch would cause the reverse lights to turn on as well.

thanks for any help...Rich