Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bellevue/Seattle area shop?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:25 PM
sdbarker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bellevue/Seattle area shop?

So, I just recently moved to Bellevue, WA from Detroit, MI. Does anybody have any recommendations for an audio shop around here?
Old 09-29-2006, 07:08 AM
2fast4thelaw

Magnolia HiFi there does really nice work.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Brocken

Are you looking to buy stuff or for a shop to install?

I've always been happy with Magnolia as well. I usually only buy stuff there when they have a sale though. Sometimes i don't mind paying full retail because they have good customer service.

I've heard Stereotomy in Issaquah is good. I can't personally recommend them since I haven't done business there but they're worth checking out.

If you buy stuff and need some pointers on install let me know. I've done tons of installs on other cars and recently did my Z.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:21 PM
sdbarker

I appreciate the replies, guys. I'll check both places out.

Brocken, if you wouldn't mind giving me a hand with an install, that'd be sweet. I had planned on having the shop do it because I didn't want to have my baby ripped apart in the parking lot for two days while I took care of everything. Though, I really just plan on starting with the deck, so it wouldn't really be that long. Lemme know.

-Scott
Old 09-30-2006, 08:05 PM
first350

I'm in the Bellevue area...I'll be doing my stereo install over the winter (sub w/ custom fiberglass box, amp, speakers). I've recently purchased a set of tools for different house projects that should come in handy if you're doing any kind of custom work (router, drill, compound mitter saw, air compresor, nail gun...) If you need to use any of them, feel free to stop by.

-Peter

*I had most of the interior apart a few months ago for a nitrous install - I took my time taking apart all of the plastic paneling, but it wasn't too hard.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:23 PM
sdbarker

Awesome. I definitely appreciate the offer. I'm not sure how much need I'll have for heavy tools just starting out with the deck, but it's great to know that they're available. I think what I'll really need is a garage/driveway (to avoid the ripped apart car in the parking lot problem) and an extra set of hands. If those are available to, that'd be great.

-Scott
Old 10-01-2006, 06:23 PM
first350

All of my stuff is being delivered from storage tomorrow morning (finally I get the rest of my tools and car parts!)...it'll probably take a few months to clean up the garage and get it in order, but as soon as it is, maybe we could do a group install of some sort. (It's a 3-car garage)

-what's your time frame for the deck install? (Just install the deck shouldn't be hard at all...the front center consul comes off easily and can be stored in the rear hacth while you work on the wiring)

-Peter
Old 10-02-2006, 12:14 PM
sdbarker

No time frame, I'm not in any rush. I definitely dig on the idea of a group install. I think we should definitely make that happen.

And I can't store something in a hatch that I don't have. Roadster.

-Scott
Old 10-04-2006, 06:05 AM
Brocken

Sorry, I hadn't checked this post for a while. Feel free to PM me when you need help. Fall is really slow for me(wife is in school) so I have free time to help with your install.
The deck is pretty straight forward, I've been through it a couple times so it's probably a 30 minute project.
Do you have the wiring harness to fit the Z already and the trim panel? Is it a single din?
Is yours BOSE head unit or not? Are you going to run your stock speakers off the new HU?
Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Brocken

I live nearby Everett. If you want to head up that way I have a garage and driveway to work in. Well, the garage is too small to work on the car but the driveway works as long as it's not raining.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:27 AM
sdbarker

The deck will be double-din. I'm going with the Pioneer 6800DVD. I don't have any of the pieces yet (deck, metra harness/trim kit) so I need to get those picked up. I think that'll happen within the next couple weeks here.

- Scott