Old 11-28-2006, 02:39 PM
tonester1011
CF God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx
Old 11-28-2006, 02:57 PM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm very interested @ the subwoofer setup... def a nice job pretty much stock look xcept the pods...
Old 11-28-2006, 06:53 PM
NeptuneZ

Thanks guys.

Lakersfan:
Yes the tweeters are inside the stock location.

Kazuma:
Yes, I hated to have lost that space, but I did not want my amps exposed to the public if you know what I mean. I still have to secure those in there because they are moving. You're thinking of running the sub amp to the Bose sub or are you changing that sub out? I think it would make the Bose stronger, but no real thump. I also like the Bose sound, but I hate the lack of thump. I'm not trying to blast a neighborhood, but I like to feel a little something. Both of those amps are set to about 1/3 of the power.... I'm serious. The sub setting on the alpine deck are usually any where from 0 - 6.... It is STRONG. If you are thinking of changing the sub out, I'm sure you will notice a difference. Of course I think that a new deck will help as well.

JDMFairlady21:
Right. I would have loved to have done more custom work in there, but honestly I don't roll ($$$) like that. I was happy to just have changed out the stock speakers. I don't know how the rest of you on this forum do it.

Those pods are tight... they really shine in that setup.

Kaue
Old 12-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Kazuma

Yes I will probably be replacing the headunit with something, not sure what yet, I'd like to keep it double din. The audio controls on it aren't good either, I could probably get it to sound better if there were better controls for the speakers.

I'm definitely not trying to blow a neighborhood away either, but I want my bass to thump and rumble, which the Bose woofer just doesnt do.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:32 PM
sumfknguy

question... and I am not an audio expert by far;

In regards to the 10" sub enclosure behind the driver seat, I was told that this was a "free air" setup.. as in, that bracket only lets you mount the sub, but unless it was a "free air" sub it would not sound good. Is this enclosure sealed? Or is your sub free air?

*excuse my lack of knowledge and verbage
Old 12-03-2006, 11:25 AM
rkd350z

pics please..
Old 12-03-2006, 07:31 PM
NeptuneZ

Originally Posted by sumfknguy
question... and I am not an audio expert by far;

In regards to the 10" sub enclosure behind the driver seat, I was told that this was a "free air" setup.. as in, that bracket only lets you mount the sub, but unless it was a "free air" sub it would not sound good. Is this enclosure sealed? Or is your sub free air?

*excuse my lack of knowledge and verbage
Indeed, you're right. However, the space isn't that big and the installer sprayed the inside with that dynomat stuff (the spray, not the sheets). Therefore, the it is completely "enclosed" and not "free air." I only knew about all this as we setup the plans for the install. I'm not an expert. We tested it out with out filling the holes and it made a HUGE difference after it was sprayed.

I will take pics of the sub without the cover for you, rkd350z... other than that the others are in the beginning of the thread.

Kaue
Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like more info. on the sub setup as well. Can you buy this Dynomat spray-on stuff to DIY? I've got a sub on the way but no enclosure yet; be cool if I can turn that area into a sealed enclosure with just some spray-on stuff.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:20 PM
NeptuneZ

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
I'd like more info. on the sub setup as well. Can you buy this Dynomat spray-on stuff to DIY? I've got a sub on the way but no enclosure yet; be cool if I can turn that area into a sealed enclosure with just some spray-on stuff.
Search for the spray online. I found a couple of things called Dynamat Accoustic Foam and Dynashield. I didn't get to see the inside after he sprayed it. I don't want to remove the sub because it is a pain to get it back in place because of the magnet.... it's hard to get it straight. I can try to take a pic of it without the cover.

Good luck
Kaue
Old 12-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Kazuma

So I ended up buying a similar infiniti sub since the space is small behind it.

Only problem now is that I get a bad rattle from the enclosure. I took the cover off which helped somewhat but still cant seem to get the rattle out. There is little strips of dynamat on the enclosure itself but not a lot. Do I need a lot to keep the rattling out?

I'll be pulling the sub out and checking it tomorrow for anything wrong.