Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Xenarc Experts

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:26 AM
OP Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xenarc Experts

I removed my 7 inch Xenarc monitor from the case and used double sided tape and wire ties to secure it in place for a custom installation. Everything was looking good until I was tightening up the wire ties and the screen went white. I noticed the ribbon wire was misaligned and attempted to correct it. The ribon wire connector has a plastic piece that slides out and up to accept the ribbon wire. After inserting the ribbon wire and snapping the plastic piece back into place I no longer have a white screen, but the only display I have is the Xenarc menu on a black screen. The color, contrast and brightness controls all indicate zero ("0").

Are the ribbon wire connections precision connections that require a special tool or do you just insert the ribbon, snap the plastic piece back into place and thats it?

When I disconnect the video input cable, nothing changes.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I only paid a hundred bucks for this monitor (used non-VGA model) and doubt that it is worthwhile to send in to Xenarc for repair. I can get another for the same price. Would the concensus of this forum be to pitch the monitor and get another?

I'm not sure that Xenarc is the right answer for the Z.

Thanks and Happy New Year.