Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Headunit installed - AC Problems?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 02:33 PM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headunit installed - AC Problems?????

I just recently had a aftermarket headunit installed. A couple days later, I notice that my ac controls are all f'ed up. Basically, only way to get cool air is to have the temperature control all the way to 60. Even if i turn it up one notch, it starts blowing 85-90 degree heat. I believe the auto functions arent working properly either.

I called a dealership and told him the story, and he recommended first to have the connections checked. Then i believe he asked me where the headunit was grounded or something. I had no idea at the time.

So i took it back to the shop where the headunit was installed and he checked it out but is telling me that nothing he did could be causing this. I asked where the headunit was grounded and he said it's at the top of the dash, pretty much right behind the 3 clusters.

Could it just be a coincidence that right after the headunit is installed, my ac goes bad? I know for sure it worked before the install but cant remember exactly when i used the air last. Anyone else go through something like this. Also, is the air suppose to just start blowing when the dash is off and you disconnect that white cable thing? Probably has nothing to do with it but thought i would throw that out there.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Dirty Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoever installed might have messed up the ribbon cable that goes from the heater controls to the bcm, it is very easy to do.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:18 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by Dirty Dave
Whoever installed might have messed up the ribbon cable that goes from the heater controls to the bcm, it is very easy to do.

Would you be able to tell if it was damaged by looking at it? Or are you talking about some kind of short?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Z350Lover

ok.... I think when he pulled off the cover right below your steering wheel, he had to disconnect the A/C air temp sensor... you can see a small grill window there on that panel... just simply connect the air temp sensor back to where it supposes to go behind the panel and you will fix your problem....

I knew that because I forgot to connect the air temp sensor back and got the same problem when i pulled that panel out!

cheers,

richie
Old 01-21-2007, 10:34 AM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by Z350Lover
ok.... I think when he pulled off the cover right below your steering wheel, he had to disconnect the A/C air temp sensor... you can see a small grill window there on that panel... just simply connect the air temp sensor back to where it supposes to go behind the panel and you will fix your problem....

I knew that because I forgot to connect the air temp sensor back and got the same problem when i pulled that panel out!

cheers,

richie

Thanks for the suggestion Richie.

I will check that out.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:51 AM
LAKERSFAN

haha,

thanks again Richie. I think that may be the problem. Just went to take a look and there is a little white connector thing just dangling right behind the little grill part you were refering to.
Taking it to the audio shop today to have him take a look since im not about to take the dash apart. (Thats what i paid him for)
Old 01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
first350

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
Also, is the air suppose to just start blowing when the dash is off and you disconnect that white cable thing? Probably has nothing to do with it but thought i would throw that out there.

Thanks in advance for any help!

this is normal.