Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Double Din Headunits

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Ichigo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Looks very neat. Just curious: Why not connect the flash drive directly to the USB port instead of using the cable?
USB sticks plugged directly into ports will break any usb port if accidentally hit hard enough. Where I work, people have ruined over three hundred laptop doing it. Very clever idea with the swivel adapter

Last edited by Ichigo; 05-11-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
StreetOC192

Just a thumbs-up for SonicElectronix -

I made 4 individual purchases (2 from their ebay listing and 2 from their actual website). I purchased Boston Acoustics SL60 components, then Boston Acoustics G510 subwoofer for my Xterra about a year ago, and then most recentntly I purchased Diamond Audio D661s components and then a Diamond Audio D610 subwoofer for my 350Z. All were processed quickly and shipped the next day. No damage at all. I give them a thumbs-up.

Unfortunately, even a good company can have a few bad experiences. I would still not hesitate to buy from them again.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:32 AM
THE TECH

My problem is that they tried to sell me something that they did not have. It took me 2 weeks just to get it refunded. The post items on Ebay regardless if they actually have it or not.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:02 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by THE TECH
My problem is that they tried to sell me something that they did not have. It took me 2 weeks just to get it refunded. The post items on Ebay regardless if they actually have it or not.
Ahhh, I see. Sorry to hear about that. I do find that to be in bad taste for a store to do that. I guess I lucked out with my purchases. Glad you eventually got your $$ back though.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:27 PM
VtotheZ

So in theory can I plug my iPod directly into this USB port on this Kenwood uinit? Just curious because when I go to crutchfield and read the specs it says not compatable with music downloaded from the itunes website. Yes Im sure we all download from there .... But yea so can i just plug my ipod into this thing? Thanks
Old 02-10-2007, 11:22 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VtotheZ
So in theory can I plug my iPod directly into this USB port on this Kenwood uinit? Just curious because when I go to crutchfield and read the specs it says not compatable with music downloaded from the itunes website. Yes Im sure we all download from there .... But yea so can i just plug my ipod into this thing? Thanks
You cannot control the iPod through the HU by just connecting in into the port, you'll need the iPod interface adapter for that, which will plug behind the HU. But if hard disk usage is enabled on the iPod, the HU "should" be able to access files stored on the HD partition on the iPod as it is no different than a USB flash drive at that point.

Look closer at the specs; they are meant for music burnt onto CDs, not the kind that's accessed through iPod. iTunes uses DRM (Digital Rights Management), hence portable devices other than iPod cannot read music downloaded from there. So Kenwood is trying to tell you that if you rip any of your music into AAC and burn onto CDs, DPX-701 will play it, just not the AAC files downloaded from iTunes and the burnt onto CDs.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Punkkid03

Originally Posted by SilverstoneZ
I have a question for any of you guys with the DPX701. Do any of you have the bluetooth for it?
I just got the DPX701 installed in my Z yesterday with the iPod interface and Bluetooth. It's great
And about the convo about ebay, I got the DPX701 off of ebay brand new for $165 and a brand new iPod interface for it for $36 and bout $20 dollars shipping combined. I found the bluetooth for about 140 but decided to get it through the guy that was doing the installation for 200 bucks since i bought everything else off of ebay.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:53 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by Punkkid03
I just got the DPX701 installed in my Z yesterday with the iPod interface and Bluetooth. It's great
And about the convo about ebay, I got the DPX701 off of ebay brand new for $165 and a brand new iPod interface for it for $36 and bout $20 dollars shipping combined. I found the bluetooth for about 140 but decided to get it through the guy that was doing the installation for 200 bucks since i bought everything else off of ebay.
Is the Bluetooth nice and clear? I am considering this HU as well. How is the amp power in the unit? As an economical install to start, will it adequately power the fronts and rears, and add an aftermarket sub and amp? I don't need to entertain my neighbors a 1/4 mile away, just good clean power at moderate levels. Any of you with this HU running the internal power? Thanks.

John
Old 04-09-2007, 06:28 AM
maxipad96

I do not recommend the sony DPX line. I had the 501 in my old Z and it could not even compare to my Pioneer. The sony was a piece of garbage if you ask me. The joystick was horrible to deal with and the sound quality/adjustability of the unit was minimal at best. The buttons also look as if they are straight out of 1985.