Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Alpine IVA-W200

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:09 AM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE TECH
You can find the W200 way cheaper than what they offer it for.
Tech, you might want to wait tell the W205 model comes out. Then you can get the bluetooth module for it, that has the caller ID and those fuctions in the headunit unlike the W200
Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by james840a
Tech, you might want to wait tell the W205 model comes out. Then you can get the bluetooth module for it, that has the caller ID and those fuctions in the headunit unlike the W200
Yeah, I've already decided that.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
geomark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does the AVIC D3 compare to the Kenwood 6019? I'm thinking of getting one of these 2. Also, The D3 says it does not fit for the Z on crutchfield. Whats up with that?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:20 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by geomark
How does the AVIC D3 compare to the Kenwood 6019? I'm thinking of getting one of these 2. Also, The D3 says it does not fit for the Z on crutchfield. Whats up with that?
It has to do with the fact that Crutchfield does not sell the double-din Metra kit for the car which is why they say it won't direct fit.

The D3 is way better than the 6019.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:44 AM
LAKERSFAN

Also, The D3 says it does not fit for the Z on crutchfield. Whats up with that?
I actually talked to their customer service yesterday and they said it would fit. They just hadnt updated their system yet or something........ Cause the guy at first said it wouldnt fit then did a little research and said it would fit.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:48 AM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by THEDUKE
It does not come with a remote.
It is a 6.1" screen that does not angle.
It does not support any USB devices
It is a DVD based Navigation that uses two disc to cover the country and requires removal of the disc to listen to CD or DVD.
If you are using it with an IPOD Video, you must start the video thru the Ipod not the screen.

Huh, i didnt realize that you had to remove the navigation DVD to play CD's............. THAT SUCKS

So you cant listen to a CD while the NAV is on, right?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:50 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
Huh, i didnt realize that you had to remove the navigation DVD to play CD's............. THAT SUCKS

Yup!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:16 AM
LAKERSFAN

Yup!

Well, looks like im going with Alpine
Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 AM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The new Kenwood DNX7100 has been released. It is the new All in one Navigation Double Din Unit. I put one in this weekend and looks great. It is using a Flash memory that is not effected by vibration and offers simultaneous full Navigation while listening to CD or DVD. It also gives you Full High Speed Ipod interface and has the ability to do Ipod video also. It also has the ability to do XM traffic information. You can also upload your own picture to use as a wallpaper on the screen.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:07 AM
geomark

For the D3, do you guys know if there is a bypass that would allow you to view DVD while driving?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 AM
THE TECH

The new Kenwood DNX7100 has been released. It is the new All in one Navigation Double Din Unit. I put one in this weekend and looks great. It is using a Flash memory that is not effected by vibration and offers simultaneous full Navigation while listening to CD or DVD. It also gives you Full High Speed Ipod interface and has the ability to do Ipod video also. It also has the ability to do XM traffic information. You can also upload your own picture to use as a wallpaper on the screen.
Let me look into that one.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:20 AM
THE TECH

Just checked it out. For the price, you could get the W205 and the blackbird. I think I am still gonna make the move back to Alpine. Not sure why I strayed in the first place.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:17 PM
THEDUKE

Just checked it out. For the price, you could get the W205 and the blackbird. I think I am still gonna make the move back to Alpine. Not sure why I strayed in the first place.
Not sure what the retail is on those two units, but the new retail for the DNX7100 is $1400.00 which means you can get it for less than that if you looked hard or if you knew the right people.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:21 PM
LAKERSFAN

Not sure what the retail is on those two units, but the new retail for the DNX7100 is $1400.00 which means you can get it for less than that if you looked hard or if you knew the right people.

Do you have the IPOD hooked up? Whats your opinion on the interface? Is it easy to navigate, find particular songs, etc.

Any pics of the screen while searching through the IPOD?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:29 PM
THEDUKE

Do you have the IPOD hooked up? Whats your opinion on the interface? Is it easy to navigate, find particular songs, etc.

Any pics of the screen while searching through the IPOD?
You can search your music and video just like the Ipod, it gives you album art and gives you 4 lines of text. The speed of it is instant. I also forgot to mention it will read Divx and has a steering wheel control wire so you can interface into steering wheel controls without having to use an infarred eye. I will take pics of it operating when I get home.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 PM
THE TECH

You can search your music and video just like the Ipod, it gives you album art and gives you 4 lines of text. The speed of it is instant. I also forgot to mention it will read Divx and has a steering wheel control wire so you can interface into steering wheel controls without having to use an infarred eye. I will take pics of it operating when I get home.
Sounds like they've come a long way since last year.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:20 PM
geomark

I just found out that the D3 has Memory Nav, so you can play a CD while using the Navigation in a limited state.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:44 PM
THEDUKE

I just found out that the D3 has Memory Nav, so you can play a CD while using the Navigation in a limited state.
That is great untill you take a wrong turn and has to recaculate a new route and have to take your CD DVD out and reinsert you Navigation Disc.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Duke… Thanks for the informative post. A couple of questions about the Kenwood DNX7100 (I haven’t been able to look at the unit yet):

1) You mention; “It is using a Flash memory.” So, it uses an SD card to update the navigation application and database?

2) Is Garmin the OEM navigation supplier?

--Spike
Old 02-28-2007, 03:32 PM
THEDUKE

Originally Posted by Spike100
Duke… Thanks for the informative post. A couple of questions about the Kenwood DNX7100 (I haven’t been able to look at the unit yet):

1) You mention; “It is using a Flash memory.” So, it uses an SD card to update the navigation application and database?

2) Is Garmin the OEM navigation supplier?

--Spike
Yes, Both the firmware and Navigation updates are done thru an SD Card.

Yes, Garmin is the OEM Supplier for the Navigation part of the unit.

Quick Reply: Alpine IVA-W200