Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 08:17 AM
5ZVP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nazar
\

Remember there is no VSS wire needed for the kenwood.
What is VSS?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5ZVP
What is VSS?
Vehicle speed sense wire. It tells the navigation how fast you are going. Which the 7100 does not need.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
eod nhoj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vss wire location

Here is a link to the install of a pioneer avic d3 it SHOWS where the VSS wire is located.i have a pioneer avic z2 and i have the vss wire hooked up
Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM
jm4475

Originally Posted by Nazar
\
I can save you a lot of money if you can do it yourself. It is real easy.

You can get the parts 7100 + bl tooth + I-Pod adapter + St wheel adapter for $1350 + shipping... From me. Labor you can fond an installer to do it for $200

Remember there is no VSS wire needed for the kenwood.

yeah i know that you can do it alot cheaper if you buy the stuff off the internet and then install it your self.....i wasn't sure if i wanted to get into all that though. something about taking a brand new car apart sorta scares me lol. And none of the places that i went to would install it unless you bought the stuff from them..
Old 10-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Lsmith9523

jm4475,,,where in Georgia are you located?,,,,if you are close by,,,I would be glad to lend you a hand in your install.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM
dand070

Any idea if this will support the Itouch?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:30 AM
JRinTXrog

Question, I had Custom Sounds install my Kenwood yesterday. Where is the USB Port? Is it on the back of the unit? Should there be a cable running out so I have access to it? I thought it was going to be behind the face plate.

Another note. I have the bluetooth hooked up to my Kenwood. I have a Motorola Q and it works great. It automaticaly comes on when I turn my car on and it Auto answers when someone calls. I need to read a little more about some of the other functions.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:28 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes, there is a USB cable that comes out of the back of the unit.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:30 PM
JRinTXrog

Default her is some pics

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price-stereo-002.jpg

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price-stereo-003.jpg

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price-stereo-004.jpg

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price-stereo-005.jpg

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price-stereo-006.jpg
Old 10-13-2007, 02:32 PM
JRinTXrog

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price-stereo-007.jpg

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price-stereo-008.jpg

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price-stereo-011.jpg

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price-stereo-012.jpg
Old 10-13-2007, 02:49 PM
JRinTXrog

I bought a KCA-iP300V. I have an old 9 gig white ipod. When I plug it in it trys to go into sort of a download mode. it tells me not to unplug it. My wife has a new 80 gig version and it works fine on hers. Did I buy the wrong adapter. Should I have gotten the KCA-iP200v?

Last edited by JRinTXrog; 10-13-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:37 PM
fizmixa

anyone have problems updating the firmware/software for the headunit? i put in the sd card with the new software loaded on it, but nothing happens. i talked to garmin and they had no clue why it wouldn't update.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:50 PM
5ZVP

Originally Posted by fizmixa
anyone have problems updating the firmware/software for the headunit? i put in the sd card with the new software loaded on it, but nothing happens. i talked to garmin and they had no clue why it wouldn't update.
weren't you having this problem back in June/July? sorry to hear you still haven't figured it out.

What is the firmware version of your unit now?
What size is your sd card?
Is there a folder named "garmin" in your sd card?
In the garmin folder is there a file named gudate.gcd?
Are there any other files or folders on the sd card other than the garmine folder and the gudate.gcd file?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:19 AM
fizmixa

weren't you having this problem back in June/July? sorry to hear you still haven't figured it out.

What is the firmware version of your unit now?
What size is your sd card?
Is there a folder named "garmin" in your sd card?
In the garmin folder is there a file named gudate.gcd?
Are there any other files or folders on the sd card other than the garmine folder and the gudate.gcd file?
yep, i'm that same guy. to answer your questions:
not sure what the firmware version is, but it is an earlier version than what the upgrade is. i will find out later when i can get to my car.
i've tried a 1gb and 2gb sd card.
yes there is a garmin folder on the card.
there is the .gcd file in the garmin folder.
the sd card only contains the garmin folder and update file. nothing else.

like i've said, i've talked to garmin and they walked me through the procedure, which i already did per the instructions, and the unit just will not update. its just frustrating. i'm also looking ahead at future updates that may address newer ipod compatibility (like the iphone i have) and want to make sure the unit can be updated. thanks for inquiring. i'm open for any suggestions.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:25 AM
5ZVP

Originally Posted by fizmixa
yep, i'm that same guy. to answer your questions:
not sure what the firmware version is, but it is an earlier version than what the upgrade is. i will find out later when i can get to my car.
i've tried a 1gb and 2gb sd card.
yes there is a garmin folder on the card.
there is the .gcd file in the garmin folder.
the sd card only contains the garmin folder and update file. nothing else.

like i've said, i've talked to garmin and they walked me through the procedure, which i already did per the instructions, and the unit just will not update. its just frustrating. i'm also looking ahead at future updates that may address newer ipod compatibility (like the iphone i have) and want to make sure the unit can be updated. thanks for inquiring. i'm open for any suggestions.
Did you try putting the .gcd file in the sd card's root directory and not in the garmin folder? I had the same problem and doing it this way worked.

I asked you what is your current version of the firmware because when I did my update my unit did not prompt me to say the update was done. The only way I knew was to check.

Anyway if all of the above efforts did not work I would guess your unit has a bad sd card drive.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
fizmixa

Did you try putting the .gcd file in the sd card's root directory and not in the garmin folder? I had the same problem and doing it this way worked.

I asked you what is your current version of the firmware because when I did my update my unit did not prompt me to say the update was done. The only way I knew was to check.

Anyway if all of the above efforts did not work I would guess your unit has a bad sd card drive.
just tried putting the .gcd update file in the root of the card but still no dice

fwiw, current system software is 1.0.2.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

^^ Well crap… this must be frustrating. I have the Garmin GVN 52 (same components you have in your Kenwood) and have done two updates without any problem. I also helped a buddy to do the update on his Kenwood unit, and it worked perfectly. You must follow the installation directions exactly. After downloading the file, you create a folder on your SD disk named “garmin” (not sure if lowercase is a requirement, but using lowercase is in the instructions) where you unzip and place the update file. I notice that Garmin advises there was a problem with failed updates on Kenwood units, so that might be part of your problem.

I did look at the update file (the *.gcd file) using a disk editor and notice that the header contains an update identifier with code requiring the unit to be off and toggled to on before the update file executes. I suppose that is to prevent an inadvertent update. That means you must insert the SanDisk, and the update won’t happen until you restart the device. That’s straightforward on the Garmin GVN 52 or Kenwood KNA G520. With these devices, you simply turn them off, insert the card into the SD slot, and start the unit (turn it back on). That starts the update process (you see the processing on the LCD screen). The Kenwood DNX7100 might be a little different since you probably need the unit on to gain access to the SD slot. So you would do this, insert the SanDisk, and then turn the unit off and back on (or restart your car’s ignition) to force the unit to read the file’s header and initiate the update process.

If the above fails, your issue sounds like a hardware problem. You tried two different disks, and that didn’t work; so it’s probably not the media (a 1 GB disk is plenty of room). Possibly the SanDisk slot isn’t working correctly. I would do the download, create the SD disk as per Garmin’s instructions, and take this and your car to an authorized Kenwood dealer. Show the dealer that it doesn’t work. If the dealer cannot make it work, they could do a download and create a disk that they try running in your device.

Hope something here is helpful (I know how aggravating this stuff can be),

--Spike
Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
jm4475

Originally Posted by Lsmith9523
jm4475,,,where in Georgia are you located?,,,,if you are close by,,,I would be glad to lend you a hand in your install.
i live just a couple miles from stone mountain...but i have already gotten it installed.. thanks for the offer though.

the question that i have now is whith my bluetooth...i am unable to use the "phonebook" feature. it is there but it is not lit up like the rest of the buttons and so i cannot click on it. anybody know what i need to do to fix this??
Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 PM
fizmixa

Originally Posted by Spike100
^^ Well crap… this must be frustrating. I have the Garmin GVN 52 (same components you have in your Kenwood) and have done two updates without any problem. I also helped a buddy to do the update on his Kenwood unit, and it worked perfectly. You must follow the installation directions exactly. After downloading the file, you create a folder on your SD disk named “garmin” (not sure if lowercase is a requirement, but using lowercase is in the instructions) where you unzip and place the update file. I notice that Garmin advises there was a problem with failed updates on Kenwood units, so that might be part of your problem.

I did look at the update file (the *.gcd file) using a disk editor and notice that the header contains an update identifier with code requiring the unit to be off and toggled to on before the update file executes. I suppose that is to prevent an inadvertent update. That means you must insert the SanDisk, and the update won’t happen until you restart the device. That’s straightforward on the Garmin GVN 52 or Kenwood KNA G520. With these devices, you simply turn them off, insert the card into the SD slot, and start the unit (turn it back on). That starts the update process (you see the processing on the LCD screen). The Kenwood DNX7100 might be a little different since you probably need the unit on to gain access to the SD slot. So you would do this, insert the SanDisk, and then turn the unit off and back on (or restart your car’s ignition) to force the unit to read the file’s header and initiate the update process.

If the above fails, your issue sounds like a hardware problem. You tried two different disks, and that didn’t work; so it’s probably not the media (a 1 GB disk is plenty of room). Possibly the SanDisk slot isn’t working correctly. I would do the download, create the SD disk as per Garmin’s instructions, and take this and your car to an authorized Kenwood dealer. Show the dealer that it doesn’t work. If the dealer cannot make it work, they could do a download and create a disk that they try running in your device.

Hope something here is helpful (I know how aggravating this stuff can be),

--Spike

thanks Spike and 5ZVP for your responses. i'll probably have to stop by a kenwood dealer as a last resort..
Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 PM
JRinTXrog

Originally Posted by jm4475
i live just a couple miles from stone mountain...but i have already gotten it installed.. thanks for the offer though.

the question that i have now is whith my bluetooth...i am unable to use the "phonebook" feature. it is there but it is not lit up like the rest of the buttons and so i cannot click on it. anybody know what i need to do to fix this??

You can view the manual at the Kenwood site. You have to download the phonebook somehow. I am going to see if I can figure it out tomorrow.

Last edited by JRinTXrog; 10-17-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price