Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Infinity Amps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:55 PM
lbz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Infinity Amps?

I appreciate decent quality, clean sound but not to the degree of paying for the "best" or maybe even second best. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience regarding Infinity Amps. Crutchfield has an Infinity amp rated at 657 W@2 ohms for $199 ($100 off). I'm old enough to know I get what I pay for but thought it would be good to see what others have experienced or seen with these amps. This one is not one of their "reference series".

I've got a Rockford Fostgate Punch P3001 driving a single Boston Acoustics G210 DVC in a Zenclosures box but I just don't think it's up to the task. I listen to jazz, some rock, some techno and I typically don't blast it, just like to have good bass on the FWY without having to up the gain. Dynamat on the floor and doors but not in the hatch area yet. My fronts are Boston Acoustics Z6's.

Here's the link.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-92EfToZ...120&I=108R611A

Let me know what you think and if you think it's junk, provide alternative that is reasonably close in price (no more than double) if possible.

Thanks

Last edited by lbz; 03-12-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:57 AM
350zspl
Banned

Originally Posted by lbz
I appreciate decent quality, clean sound but not to the degree of paying for the "best" or maybe even second best. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience regarding Infinity Amps. Crutchfield has an Infinity amp rated at 657 W@2 ohms for $199 ($100 off). I'm old enough to know I get what I pay for but thought it would be good to see what others have experienced or seen with these amps. This one is not one of their "reference series".

I've got a Rockford Fostgate Punch P3001 driving a single Boston Acoustics G210 DVC in a Zenclosures box but I just don't think it's up to the task. I listen to jazz, some rock, some techno and I typically don't blast it, just like to have good bass on the FWY without having to up the gain. Dynamat on the floor and doors but not in the hatch area yet. My fronts are Boston Acoustics Z6's.

Here's the link.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-92EfToZ...120&I=108R611A

Let me know what you think and if you think it's junk, provide alternative that is reasonably close in price (no more than double) if possible.

Thanks

i just installed an infinity for mids and highs in an 2005 impala

with infinity components front stage 6.5" w/ tweet and rear fill 6x9 infinity w crossovers

i am not impressed at all

with sound or appearance

IMO
Old 03-13-2007, 07:18 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will say this for the new infiniti reference amps, having opened one up to take a look...

it will probably make rated power being CEA rated, and it willl power your subs fine...but what i dont think it will do is sound all that great when you push it, meaning not a lot of reserve capacitance, also, the internals are made from so-so materials...

so i guess it depeoends on your purpose...but i dont really think this is an upgrade over the rockford interms of quality

i think my question would be, when you say that rockford amp is not up to task, what do you mean exactly?

b
Old 03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
lbz

Seems like I have to turn up the remote gain **** alot to get decent bass at a lower volume. THe Clarion head unit has a bass boost deally but I don't like to use it.

Could be road noise or maybe the source is lacking... I tend to listen to Sirius alot. Overall, I'm happy with the setup. Maybe Dynamat in the hatch area would help (with the noise at least).

I'll probably stay put. I put the whole system in myself, not one minute of professional time behind it. I've heard others say the pro installs are worth it.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

without hearing it its hard for me to say what the issue is...could be tuning, could be the intall, could be the equipment, and also could just be your expectations are higher thant he combination

pro install is worth it if the person you take it to knows what he/she is doing, there are plenty of "pros" who do crap job

you should meet up wtih some of my customers from LA and have a listen to their car and see how it stacks up against what you have?

b