Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Announcing the DLS website, and a new product that may be well suited for Zs :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:39 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Announcing the DLS website, and a new product that may be well suited for Zs :)

hey guys,

i have been preaching DLS for a long time here, and some of you may have visited the old website and found it a bit...amateur?

well good news, DLS just launched their new website that is much easier to browse and get info.

please take a little time and check it out:

http://www.dls.se

now, a new exciting product has just came out from dls that may suit those who are looking for a hign end sound but at a relatively lower budget. THis product will also benefit those who are looking at door pod configuration but dont know where to put the tweeter, or a kick panel location and still retail the deadpedal and save some space. it will also of course help those who MUST use stock location for what ever reason.

the product is the new hgih end coaxial UX-26 from DLS. here is a pic:

you can go to the DLS site for more detailed picture and specs...but a quick summary:

1. this coaxial, is in essense, a cone similar to our top line Nobelium component midbass, and our latest hgih end nanoplate tweeter, combined into one.

2. the coaxial features a 2" voicecoil, while a little smaller thant he 3" found on the UR, iridium and the Nobelium, is still VERY large for a 6.5" speaker. the result is great powerhandling and bulletproof reliablity.

3. It has the same high end external xovers as our top end components. so no skimping there.

4. It is VERY light due to the neo motor and very small back there, and is one of the few speakres that can fit in the stock Z location almost sans spacer or with a very very minimal spacer. it also makes for moutning in kicks better becuase you can recess itmore.

5. its pretty cost effective. Final pricing i dont have as of today, but expect it to fall between the UP6 at 375 and the UR6 at 575, possibly around 500 or under. And i can tell you, there are very few speakres in that price range that sound better or is easier to mount I will aso be doing kick panel combinations for this speaker for the Z, which will allow the retenion fo the deadpedal, and save an extra inch off hte previous component kicks, for around $600-650 shipped whcih is a full 100-150 bucks less than the UR6 kicks i build.

anyway, thats about it, any inquiries welcome

soon TWO pairs will make their way into a ZR install, one set in the kicks, one set in door pods...talk about loud and clean
Old 04-27-2007, 03:32 PM
KelekonaKustoms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they look nice, id like to hear them, but no one around me carries DLS
Old 04-27-2007, 05:57 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

we have a lot of dealers iN NJ area acuatlly, if you want, PM me, i can put you in touch wtih our NJ rep, and he can point you to a dealer

but i dot think they will have teh UX26 in stock yet i will be one of the first in the US to do an installw tih one...

b
Old 04-27-2007, 08:04 PM
03_ppw350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would these sound better then the ur6?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:38 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

its hard for me to answer that question, but i personally would prolly take this set over hte UR6...

i dont usually do a ton of UR6, i tend to steer people tiher to the UP6, or onto the iridium not saying its not a great speaker, but if people are willing to step up form the UP, i find the iridium to be more "worth the money"...

but now with the UX26 coming out, you will probably see me use it a lot more in place of the UR AND the UP

b
Old 04-27-2007, 08:40 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

in all fairness though...if you went to 10 random brick and motar private stores in the area, you will probably find 7-8 that will tell you the exact same thing...

if they havent done a Z with stock nav, there is very little chance they will find out. i try to compensate by doing as much online reserach as possible before getting into a car or stock configuration i havent done before but you cant expect a normal installer guy to do the same always