Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Amp Goes into Protection Mode

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
So you were rite! When I opened up the Box there was a cable connecting both sides on the speaker. Removed the extra wire and wired it up for 2OHMs, bridged my cables turned the bass down, and BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! LOL It's working! Can't believe how loud that lil 10" speaker is.

*cough* *cough*
Originally Posted by doug
if you disconnect everything and only the speaker wires are putting it into protection.. it could also be the connection inside the box..

Only problem I'm having now is it sounds like my left side speakers are shot out of no were. Since doing the install I cant here sound coming from the Left. I tried putting back the Bose Sub to see if that is what effected the balance but nothing.

Any ideas?
your speakers maybe out of phase.. you may have your positive and negatives mixed up on the if you have them amped.. try changing them around on the amp instead of pulling your door panels.. if you have components with crossovers then you might have to pull off the door panels
Old 06-26-2007, 08:04 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The radio is the Stock BOSE HU. The speakers are all stock. The system was a Stock Bose Setup for a Touring 04.

Things I did for Bass. I installed 4 Gauge Wiring for Ground and Power. I ran my RCA Cables using a PAC-OEM 1 Adapter that plugs into the back of the Stock HU and the Stock HU plugs into the adapter. This gives me 4 rc Jacks 2 for rear 2 for front. I have the 1000 Watt Amp Bridged using the rear RC Jacks and pumping a 10" solarberic L7 Speaker. The system sounds good, however if I put my ear close the the left side I am not getting any sound infact it sounds like it cuts in and out sounds like poop. If I change my balance settings to only here the left side I get a bass from the woofer but no highs from the stock speakers. If I go to the Right I get clear sound from speakers and woofer.

I hope I have given you guys enough info here, as your being so helpful. I really do appreciate it!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 AM
BriA5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The radio is the Stock BOSE HU. The speakers are all stock. The system was a Stock Bose Setup for a Touring 04.

Things I did for Bass. I installed 4 Gauge Wiring for Ground and Power. I ran my RCA Cables using a PAC-OEM 1 Adapter that plugs into the back of the Stock HU and the Stock HU plugs into the adapter. This gives me 4 rc Jacks 2 for rear 2 for front. I have the 1000 Watt Amp Bridged using the rear RC Jacks and pumping a 10" solarberic L7 Speaker. The system sounds good, however if I put my ear close the the left side I am not getting any sound infact it sounds like it cuts in and out sounds like poop. If I change my balance settings to only here the left side I get a bass from the woofer but no highs from the stock speakers. If I go to the Right I get clear sound from speakers and woofer.

I hope I have given you guys enough info here, as your being so helpful. I really do appreciate it!
Symptoms sound like one of the common problems with the stock Bose HU. I had that problem with mine when the weather got warmer.

That may be your problem and it is just coincidental that it started at the same time as the rest.

Quick test... does the left side work on radio?

The HU problem seems to only effect the CD.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Ichigo

Originally Posted by BriA5
Symptoms sound like one of the common problems with the stock Bose HU. I had that problem with mine when the weather got warmer.

That may be your problem and it is just coincidental that it started at the same time as the rest.

Quick test... does the left side work on radio?

The HU problem seems to only effect the CD.
+1

If youve checked your rca connections there's not too many more things that can cause this besides a bad PAC unit or a bad RCA cable. out of all three my guess (and it is a guess at this point) would be a bad RCA cable if the behavior is the same on CD and radio

Last edited by Ichigo; 06-26-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:47 AM
RedBullRR

I dont have the stock speakers running off a RCA Cable. I tried unplugging the Pac adapter and I got the same thing. Radio/CD/IPod Tape adapter do the same thing.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Ichigo

right right, this is a stock setup as far as front and rears speakers go, sorry lots stuff happening at work today ... lemme think on this one

Unless the stock bose amps handle right and left as opposed to front and rear (which I doubt) the headunit must be the bad component.

Im not 100% sure though so maybe some other members can shed some light on this issue

Last edited by Ichigo; 06-26-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:17 PM
RedBullRR

I guess as a test i can take a working speaker and swap it for 1 of the left side speakers. If I get sound then the speakers are blown if I dont get sound I have a problem with the HU rite?!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Ichigo

Sure could. But even if you get no sound that only narrows it down to the headunit or the bose amp. But it's a start
Old 06-27-2007, 04:19 AM
RedBullRR

Never knew the HU could stop sending signal just to the left side, it sounds almost like the wires are touching because it cuts in and out. I'll have to pull the radio out. Also didnt know the speakers had a Stock AMP. I know the Sub did, didnt know the speakers though.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:19 AM
RedBullRR

As it turns out, it is the HU or so I think. The left side speakers do not work when the CD player is used. They do however work in Radio and the Tape Deck/IPOD.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:16 AM
BriA5

As it turns out, it is the HU or so I think. The left side speakers do not work when the CD player is used. They do however work in Radio and the Tape Deck/IPOD.
If you are still under warranty get the dealer to replace it.

They changed mine despite me having a full aftermarket stsyem in the car.

Never had the problem again.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:39 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

welcome

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/133665-bose-stereo-left-side-speakers-random-on-and-off.html

after mine started doing it.. i swapped every single factory component out.. i am not even using the speaker wiring
Old 07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Ichigo

doug FTW!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:35 AM
RedBullRR

Just an update to this. The stereo was covered under warranty and was replaced.