Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Slim Ps2 with USB extreme to stock navi

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007 | 03:11 AM
Z Rated Z

Default Slim Ps2 with USB extreme to stock navi

i read alot of posts of people on here hooking up there ps2 to there z but they used the bigger ps2 so you can put the hard drive in it and use HD loader or whatever to load a bunch of games on the harddrive. A bunch of people said you cant use the slim one but i wanted to try the USB EXTREME software heres the link http://www.hdadvance.com/usb_extreme_whatis.htm

it says you dont need the network adapter like you do with HD loader. i plan on getting the USB Hard drive housing[ something like this http://www.modchipstore.com/USB-2-0-...ib-16247.html] for a 3.5 inch harddrive most likely going to be a maxtor IDE drive 250 gigs and hooking it up to the slim ps2 and putting it all in the compartment behind the passenger seat. then im going to just load it up with a crapload of games and movies and hooking it up to the stock nav.

Have any of you tried the USB extreme or something like it with the SLim ps2? If so does it work as well as HD loader for the big ps2?
Old 08-17-2007 | 03:17 AM
alexxscott

i heard it sucks...but its worth a shot...:/
Old 08-17-2007 | 05:35 AM
Wheelman

I'm sure if people have done it with the big one you can get it done with the small one. I'd put it somewhere its accessible though, if you are going to go through the trouble of hooking it up. That way you can access the drive and watch dvds as well.
Old 08-17-2007 | 10:17 AM
DrPhantum

In my experience, this external USB solution for storing games is not compatible with dual-layer games. Not all PS2 games are DL, but I know they started making them DL when God of War & Gran Turismo 3 came out (both DL). There are ways around this, but it takes a lot of work w/ editing files. For instance, I could play God Of War, but I had to cut out the credits and some of the bonus movies to get it to single layer capacity, and edit the code to allow it. Not easy stuff.

My recommendation: Get an XBox1 w/ an Xecuter 2 or 3 chip... put your 250GB Maxtor HD in there, run evoX as your dashboard, and rip all the games you have to the HD through DVD2XBOX. This is much easier, and you can play any and all games flawlessly on the HD, which is internal rather than a crappy external USB-IDE bridge. Go here for info: www.xbox-scene.com