Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Stock boss unit with JL Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007 | 05:31 PM
maturola

Default Stock boss unit with JL Speakers

Guys,

i been looking for a while and I can't seen to find the post that show the part i need to pull this off.

I will be trading in my car tomorrow for a new 07 Z and I have a AVIC-Z1 with XM, Bluetooth, Ipod connector, 4 JL Speakers and 2 JL 10'' JL Subs in a Zenlcosure. Now the dealer is giving the same trade in value with or without this system so naturally i want to take it out and keep it.

since I re-wire all the speakers I'm not thinking to take those however I would like to take the subs and the Headunit with all the addons (Bluetooth, XM and Ipod), the subs are easy, however how do i Reinstall the Boss unit (which I still have somewhere) and make it work with the JL speakers (I want to take the JL 300/4 and put a cheaper amp in there).

Thanks any feedback is welcome.
Old 09-30-2007 | 06:54 PM
SChetal

You will not be able to re-connect the BOSE headunit to the speakers directly due impedence issues.Therefore, you must use the stock bose amp to correctly drive the speakers again.
Old 09-30-2007 | 08:56 PM
maturola

The boss amp will no drive the Speaker either for same impedance problem.

I know there is PAC part that allow me to connect the boss System to an after market amp + speakers... I just can't find which part number is it
Old 09-30-2007 | 09:26 PM
Accordaleer

Eventually, ide like to get rid of the whole bose audio system and replace it with all fresh stuff. Seems like a pain to have to get adapters and stuff. I'd hate losing my audio controls though lol.
Old 10-01-2007 | 06:05 AM
clarkemtp

Originally Posted by Accordaleer
Eventually, ide like to get rid of the whole bose audio system and replace it with all fresh stuff. Seems like a pain to have to get adapters and stuff. I'd hate losing my audio controls though lol.
You do NOT have to lose your steering wheel controls just because you rip out the stock JUNK stereo. PAC Audio makes everything you need to keep your SWC.

Regards.
Old 10-02-2007 | 07:56 PM
Accordaleer

Steering wheel controls will mate up to an aftermarket headunit? For some reason i thought otherwise.... I remember reading you can still keep them...in due time.
Old 10-08-2007 | 01:38 PM
clarkemtp

Originally Posted by Accordaleer
Steering wheel controls will mate up to an aftermarket headunit? For some reason i thought otherwise.... I remember reading you can still keep them...in due time.
PAC makes what'cha need.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/pr...el%20Interface