Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

...the car is in timeout right now...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:18 PM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ...the car is in timeout right now...

You read that right, my car is in time out, let me explain.

So I got an Alpine IVA-W200, I installed it, everything's perfect, then I got my IPOD cable, again everything perfect, then I got the bypass again everything perfect, then I decided to connect the Blackbird, with the blackbird dock, and everything turned to ****, my interior is currently ripped apart downstairs, and I had to walk away before I started breakin shtuff...ya thats right shtuff...

Somehow the bypass no longer works and the Blackbird still won't connect, I want to karate chop my car or something...I'm in a bad mood...so I locked the car left it in pieces and I'm just gonna sit here until I cool off...lol
Old 10-20-2007, 04:25 PM
diwun67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:47 PM
DelayedZ

Originally Posted by diwun67
lol?
lol works...
Old 10-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Get_Zwole

go to the store buy 12 pack finish job in morning .
Old 10-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Tomorrow is Sunday, so you probably have an entire day to solve this. Chill tonight, and attack the problem tomorrow (munyana amigo).

--Spike
Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Lsmith9523

Delayed Z,,,,I have the exact set up in my 06. I installed the Blackbird/docking station last. At times, I could not get my W-200 to unlock(bypass) at other times I could. I could not get my blackbird/dock to connect and other times I could. I finally figured out what my problem was. I was running the DVD(Bypass) and the dock bypass wires to the same ( toggle) switch. For some reason,,,the switch was throwing a kink in everything. I had to install another small toggle switch for my dock bypass. Now, everything works perfect. I hope this helps
Old 10-21-2007, 08:25 AM
DelayedZ

Originally Posted by Lsmith9523
Delayed Z,,,,I have the exact set up in my 06. I installed the Blackbird/docking station last. At times, I could not get my W-200 to unlock(bypass) at other times I could. I could not get my blackbird/dock to connect and other times I could. I finally figured out what my problem was. I was running the DVD(Bypass) and the dock bypass wires to the same ( toggle) switch. For some reason,,,the switch was throwing a kink in everything. I had to install another small toggle switch for my dock bypass. Now, everything works perfect. I hope this helps
Oh yes it does help, I'll take a look at this, I'm also wondering if it has something to do with the order everything is installed, like my bypass is spliced in at certain points and sometimes I have my nav doc splices before and after the bypass, I'm curious if that has anything to do with it.

I have a switch in my tool box so I'll try out your way. Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 AM
DelayedZ

The minute I disconnected the Blackbird Dock, bam everything worked again, by chance you still remember how you hooked up that toggle switch so that the stupid things works. lol. This is rather frustrating.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Lsmith9523

That exact thing happened to me. When I unhooked the dock bypass, everything started working fine. So, I ran another toggle seperate to my dock. I cant remember which wire is which,,,(yellow/black), (yellow/blue). I ran both brake switch wires from the headunit and dock, (yellow/black I think) both to the brake switch,,,then headunit (yellow/blue) to one side of toggle switch A, then grounded other side of toggle switch A. I ran the dock (yellow/blue) to one side of toggle switch B, then grounded other side of toggle switch B. Everything works perfect now. I hope this is not confusing and helps. Good luck and keep me posted if you need anymore help.

You then, flip the toggle switch linked to which accessories you are wanted to activate. IE..headunit/DVD, flip Toggle switch A,,,,,dock, flip toggle switch B, along with brake pedal push...
Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 AM
DelayedZ

Originally Posted by Lsmith9523
That exact thing happened to me. When I unhooked the dock bypass, everything started working fine. So, I ran another toggle seperate to my dock. I cant remember which wire is which,,,(yellow/black), (yellow/blue). I ran both brake switch wires from the headunit and dock, (yellow/black I think) both to the brake switch,,,then headunit (yellow/blue) to one side of toggle switch A, then grounded other side of toggle switch A. I ran the dock (yellow/blue) to one side of toggle switch B, then grounded other side of toggle switch B. Everything works perfect now. I hope this is not confusing and helps. Good luck and keep me posted if you need anymore help.

You then, flip the toggle switch linked to which accessories you are wanted to activate. IE..headunit/DVD, flip Toggle switch A,,,,,dock, flip toggle switch B, along with brake pedal push...

Here's what I'm really curious about, when I disconnected everything I forgot to disconnect the ground wire that I spliced to my normal ground. Even that makes everything not work, that's what confuses me, even the ground has that effect. I am running the PAC-TR7 Bypass module, since that runs with the constant 12V I'm curious if there's someone to run the blackbird dock on the accesory 12V, but still the wierd issue is why even having the ground wire hooked up would negate the bypass. I have everything automatic at the moment, I'm assuming this blackbird dock does something to the wires when connected and must overwhelm the bypass. I would like to have everything automatic, but the switches seem more and more tempting, I guess I'll see.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Lsmith9523

Hum,,,I am not sure...I am not running the PAC-TR7,,,,,,I wish I could be of more help,,,,I would try running the dock totally seperate.

How about,,,,,tap the brake switch with the (yellow/black) from dock,,,,then,,attach the (yellow/blue) to a dangling toggle, and ground other side of toggle. See if that works,,,before you perm. mount the toggle.

Other than that,,,,it will most likely be trial and error,,,,,,,Again, I wish I could help more....Keep me posted if I can help with anything....Good Luck
Old 10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
SpeedRcr

Originally Posted by DelayedZ
You read that right, my car is in time out, let me explain.

So I got an Alpine IVA-W200, I installed it, everything's perfect, then I got my IPOD cable, again everything perfect, then I got the bypass again everything perfect, then I decided to connect the Blackbird, with the blackbird dock, and everything turned to ****, my interior is currently ripped apart downstairs, and I had to walk away before I started breakin shtuff...ya thats right shtuff...

Somehow the bypass no longer works and the Blackbird still won't connect, I want to karate chop my car or something...I'm in a bad mood...so I locked the car left it in pieces and I'm just gonna sit here until I cool off...lol
mine did that i had to rewire mine after i installed the blackbird dock
Old 10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
DelayedZ

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
mine did that i had to rewire mine after i installed the blackbird dock
Any ideas, I'm gonna try a mix of everyone's ideas till I get something solid that can work with the TR7 Module.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Lsmith9523

Did you ever figure it out,,,if so,,,I would love to know what was the solution.