Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Total noob, needs help with audio!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007 | 05:56 PM
GodSendsDeath

Default Total noob, needs help with audio!!!

As the title says I suck at car stereos. But I want to put it in my self. I used to own nothing but BMWs and they are a pain in the *** to mod. Now with my new 08 350z I would like to add a system. My friend has a sweet 2 10s sub and and a nice screen. Where do I start and what do I do next. Where do I read up what should I study on. I really did search the forums and found just bunch of stuff I don't understands lol
Old 10-26-2007 | 06:00 PM
SuperBlack350z

it's pretty easy and straight foward on the z to install all car audio components. What exactly are you trying to change in it?
Old 10-26-2007 | 06:04 PM
michaeljr6

I had to change out my whole system when i had the Z because the bose sucked booty.

I got the prioneer premier 8800prs.. JL audio XR front component and rears + JL audio 300/4 amp, and 2 kicker 10" L7 with a 15 farad cap it was an orchestra in the Z lol 1 10" is enough for the Z seriously my ears were ringing during the period i had the Z.
Old 10-26-2007 | 06:10 PM
michaeljr6

if you want to just add a sub system get he LOC (line output converter) from soundgate which is prob one of the best LOC you can buy. from there this will tap to your rear speaker output so you could input it into your amp from there on...you're set. i'd recommend you getting enclosures from http://stores.ebay.com/ZEnclosures get some nice high end subs and amp.

goodluck
Old 10-26-2007 | 06:24 PM
GodSendsDeath

Well, I thought I get a new head unit it. Something sleek no many buttons found a nice looking Sony one, but I don't understand if it any good. Add two tens and all around new speakers. This don't need to be ground breaking but a solid system I can drive with. Is there some armature book of car audio I should read lol.

Here is the head unit:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ny+XAV-W1.html
Old 10-26-2007 | 07:30 PM
Spike100

The OEM CES you get with the Nissan 350z begs for replacement. That’s the case with either the standard CES or the Bose upgrade. Both are pretty much junk. Your best approach is removing everything: H/U, amplifier (if it’s there), SubW (if it’s there), component door speakers, and rear speakers. Remove it all, and throw it away (it’s worthless).

Now the fun begins. You will replace the H/U with whatever, install good component speakers in the front, maybe coaxial speakers for fill in the rear, an amp to drive these speakers, a SubW, and maybe another amp to drive this.

There’s plenty of room to install an independent LCD monitor, or you can use the double-din space that accommodates a plethora of devices. Typically these LCD monitors connect to aftermarket devices (GPS, DVD player, etc.) using composite video.

The large space behind the driver and passenger seats easily accommodates a CarPC, so you have that option as well. That also means you can use MS Windows along with a RGB monitor with a VGA connector, and any available wireless network allowing an Internet connection.

I realize my message is vague, but you can drill down to any specifics you need by searching right here on this sub-forum on any subject that I mention here.

--Spike
Old 10-26-2007 | 09:12 PM
GodSendsDeath

Thanks guys gives me something to think about. Any instructions on how to remove stock set up with out snaping anything.