Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need help with Avic D-3 Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 11:28 PM
Bryan H

Default Need help with Avic D-3 Install

Well, I have the receiver hooked up to my '03 with Bose, but I'm not getting any sound. Reading through old threads, I'm confused about the antenna control. Should the blue wire on the receiver harness that is labeled as antenna control be connnected to the solid blue wire which is for a power antenna, or to the blue line with a stripe that is the amp turn on? I have it going to the power antenna right now, and I think that might be my problem. For a good pic, check out oribalpunk's thread https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....light=avic+d-3
Old 11-02-2007 | 05:20 AM
clarkemtp

Originally Posted by Bryan H
Should the blue wire on the receiver harness that is labeled as antenna control be connnected to the solid blue wire which is for a power antenna
Yep, that's it.
Old 11-02-2007 | 05:21 AM
clarkemtp

By the way, If you're hooking the D3 up in your car with Bose amps, are you using the PAC OEM Bose adapter? How do you have that wired?
Old 11-02-2007 | 11:53 AM
Bryan H

Originally Posted by clarkemtp
By the way, If you're hooking the D3 up in your car with Bose amps, are you using the PAC OEM Bose adapter? How do you have that wired?
Quick update...got it working. Didn't have the amp turn on wired up (blue with white stripe on both sides of the harness, i.e. the receiver harness and the adapter harness).

I'm not sure what the PAC adapter is that you're asking about?? I only have the harness adapter supplied by Crutchfield...and everything seems to be working OK now.
Old 11-02-2007 | 12:38 PM
cheshirecat79

The adapter he is talking about is an adapter that's designed to adapt your headunit to work with the Bose System of Retardation (BSR).

Bose likes to make their systems work in ways that don't correspond to industry standards. The adapter, among other things, helps to make the output of your d3 unit more equivalent to that of a standard stereo installation.

I would suggest you go to a stereo shop and pick it up before you seal everything up.