Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer AVIC D3 $529.99 Shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:23 PM
datboijon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

omg this sucks i cant order online cuz im in socal and they are already close for the day i just saw this thread says deal ends today
Old 02-29-2008, 09:06 PM
sosojeffcc

Originally Posted by datboijon
omg this sucks i cant order online cuz im in socal and they are already close for the day i just saw this thread says deal ends today
The guy at al n ed's told me that the deal for the Avic D3 for 499.99 and D3X for 699.99 runs through march. I would try al n ed's if you haven't already.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:46 AM
Project3fiftyZ

I jumped on this as soon as I saw this. I have been waiting for a decent price drop and this seemed it! I assumed that it was because Pioneer is trying to move them to make room for the next in line. Oh well....this one does everything I want (I say this and watch the next one have something I want)
Old 03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
Im curious, as i dont know a lot about these, but will navigating, can the radio or CD/Ipod still be used??

unfortunately, the D3 does not have navigation stored on the harddrive. So if you want the navigation to show as your driving around, you have to have the navigation disc in. However, if you just need specific directions to 1 location, you can put disc in and load the route. Save it, then take the disc out to put your movie or music in. But again, you cannot run both navi and music/movie at the same time unless a direct route has been saved. This is why i chose NOT to purchase the Avic N3 and went with an eclipse unit. Also, make sure whoever installs the unit for you unlock it so that you can play movies and use the navi while driving. Otherwise, the handbrake has to be up.(legal reasons, but most shops know how to bypass it). This is of course assuming you want to be able to use it while driving.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:23 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The sale ended yesterday, i was on the website last nite. So I missed out on this deal, keeping my eyes open for deals in the future.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:29 PM
datboijon

Originally Posted by sosojeffcc
The guy at al n ed's told me that the deal for the Avic D3 for 499.99 and D3X for 699.99 runs through march. I would try al n ed's if you haven't already.
im gonna try hittin up the local one tomorrow and see wats up hopefully i dont break the bank while im there
Old 03-03-2008, 04:03 PM
dj.kickz

Originally Posted by stylett9
unfortunately, the D3 does not have navigation stored on the harddrive. So if you want the navigation to show as your driving around, you have to have the navigation disc in. However, if you just need specific directions to 1 location, you can put disc in and load the route. Save it, then take the disc out to put your movie or music in. But again, you cannot run both navi and music/movie at the same time unless a direct route has been saved. This is why i chose NOT to purchase the Avic N3 and went with an eclipse unit. Also, make sure whoever installs the unit for you unlock it so that you can play movies and use the navi while driving. Otherwise, the handbrake has to be up.(legal reasons, but most shops know how to bypass it). This is of course assuming you want to be able to use it while driving.
you can however have the dvd navi going while listening to an ipod