Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Stock Bose & Navi... possible to add bluetooth, dvd & ipod??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Touch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Bose & Navi... possible to add bluetooth, dvd & ipod??

Hey guys, looking for a little help.... So i'm running the 03 bose system with the stock navi. With the California law moving to hands free cell phone use, i'm looking to upgrade the system a bit. Ideally i would like to add a bluetooth system that allows my calls to go through the speakers. Second, i'd like to be able to play dvds through the stock screen. Third, i'd like to get the ipod connection. Now, i'd like to do all of this and retain the stock navi functions. Is this possible?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Al Kapwned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes it is possible. Search around and you will find your answers. The cheapest route is to get an aftermarket deck with all of these features, such as the AVIC-D3. I wouldn't bother with watching DVDs through the stock screen.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Touch

i have searched a bunch. it just seems like i'll have to go through a heap of issues and trial and error to make it work. I know pac audio has the parts for the all of the extensions i'm looking for, but will i need an additional interface to work them?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Touch

any body know if i'll need a separate interface if i use the stuff from pac audio?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
kevincat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i purchased a used 04 with nav... it came with a parrot bluetooth.. the volume would lowered when someone called.... it was great.. but i have it taken out a few months ago... it looks like whoever installed it did alot of wiring...
Old 07-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

There is only one way that I know to do this, and that is adding a Kenwood KOS Controller.

--Spike
Originally Posted by Touch
Hey guys, looking for a little help.... So i'm running the 03 bose system with the stock navi. With the California law moving to hands free cell phone use, i'm looking to upgrade the system a bit. Ideally i would like to add a bluetooth system that allows my calls to go through the speakers. Second, i'd like to be able to play dvds through the stock screen. Third, i'd like to get the ipod connection. Now, i'd like to do all of this and retain the stock navi functions. Is this possible?