Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Whats a good digital Camcorder??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:24 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Whats a good digital Camcorder??

well, after my first track event, i've decided i want to film my runs in-car. can someone recommend a good digital camcorder? i've never shopped around for one, but am leaning towards sony, partly 'cause of the namebrand.

features i think i'd need is some sort of vibration dampening, ease of upload to my laptop for editing, price (~$500 +/- $100 or so)

any recommendations and/or pointers to websites/examples is appreciated. tia.

kv
Old 08-01-2003, 04:58 AM
alienx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sony has a new PC105 out that is the upright shape, mini palmcorder. It should sell for just under $1000.00. This is a serious piece of single-chip camera.

If you want to stay closer to your price range above, they came out with a whole line of traditional shape (although very tiny) miniDV palmcorders. They are TRV*** models I think. You can serach Sony's site or go to www.bhphotovideo.com and look in their camcorder section.

You may be able to get a slightly better price from somebody other than B&H, but the net is full of less than scrupulous (sp?) stores. B&H will give you a fair price and free shipping I believe.

One other thing about the cheaper Sony's. I think they probably will work just as good for you, and seem to be the same camera on the inside, but Sony seems to have gone to a more plastic body on these than previous models. They had to do something to drop the price ($300-$400) less than other miniDV's from the previous season. The PC105 looks like the bomb though. When I have to replace mine, that is the one I want.

Good luck.