Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Xenarc with Laptop/Docking Station Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 08:05 PM
ZManInNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xenarc with Laptop/Docking Station Issue

Ok, I just got my Xenarc screen and it works great....but I have one little problem....

When the lid of the laptop is closed, the Xenarc goes dark. If I start the laptop with the lid closed, I get the BIOS post screen and the WinXP loading screen...after that....darkness. The only way I get a picture back is by opening the laptop lid. I tested to make sure that it wasn't the docking station causing the issue by plugging in another PC monitor and it worked just fine with the lid shut.

Any ideas???

My hunch is that since the mode is changed as windows boots, the Xenarc has problems adapting for some reason.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:26 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id try contacting zenarc... tho your gonna get some guy that you can barely hear and isnt much help.

but maybe this is a common easily fixed problem. then you might have a shot.

good luck.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:06 AM
etx

nonono. the screen is going out because your laptop turns off the video when you close the top to save power. And the xenarc screen turns off the LCD when its not getting a signal.

The only way I can think to fix this is to remove the little buttion that the lid of your laptop hits when you close it. That way the laptop will not know that the lid is closed and will continue to output the video signal to your screen.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah... etx hit the nail on the head. thats all you need to do. take apart ur laptop and break off/fix the switch that turns the screen off. that will fix the problem. but then it also makes the other screen stay on even while its closed.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:10 PM
ZManInNY

Fixed the problem. Thanks for the suggestions guys. The Dell Latitudes don't have the button you guys are referring to, actually. My laptop is set to be active with the display closed. The thing that fixed it was I deleted the monitors from the control panel and then deleted the docked profile, rebooted and let windows create a new docked profile with the xenarc connected. Works fine now. Thanks all!

Just inspected my Z yesterday...picking it up on Friday with all my mods!!! Can't wait!!!!!!