Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

only getting left rear speaker

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008 | 07:29 PM
gsxrsellout

Default only getting left rear speaker

I am installing a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 in my 04 roadster. I got the harness all hooked up as per the charts on the packaging (p/n: METRA 70-7550) and I plug the deck in and I get power and everything seems to work as it should but I'm only getting sound to the back left speaker. I double checked wiring and it's got a good connection and I'm stumped! Anyone have any ideas or solutions?
Old 12-01-2008 | 08:37 PM
gsxrsellout

I have checked and quadruple checked wiring, it's wired right. I think it's the deck, anyone else with the AVIC systems had this problem?
Old 12-02-2008 | 06:52 AM
militia

I had a similar problem when installing my avic700. After the install, I only had front speakers, so I took everything apart to check my wiring and that didnt help. So finally, I went to a local stereo shop where they explained something about the rear speaker output and they made some on screen adjustments and now everythings fine.

But with your problem it almost sounds like it HAS to be the deck. I would go talk to whoever you bought the unit from and have them look over everything, if neccessary have them redo the install and then once you get home just ground the wires needed for the bypass.

Good luck, keep us posted
Old 12-02-2008 | 12:35 PM
gsxrsellout

Problem solved!! It was the wiring, my friend actually hooked up the harness and he used splice connectors. I was looking at them and some of the splices didn't split the shielding of the wires. I took them all apart and soldered everything. The system works like a champ now!

Lesson learned: NEVER use cheap connections, always solder!